• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Marked boxes on edited PDFs not showing up on iPhones

New Here ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We created an editable PDF for client contracts to export and send to clients. However, when the receiver opens the PDF on their iPhone, every single box appears blank, even those that the editor of the PDF marked off. Please help!

TOPICS
Edit and convert PDFs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to a PDF form, that has been saved with Checkboxes selected?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I am.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

klausb3009523  wrote

We created an editable PDF for client contracts to export and send to clients. However, when the receiver opens the PDF on their iPhone, every single box appears blank, even those that the editor of the PDF marked off. Please help!

What application are they using on their iPhones? Ask them if they have installed the free Adobe Reader for iPhone or are using the default iPhone reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried this again on my own phone.

When I tap the attached PDF file that is wiiin the email, it just opens the PDF -- presumably the iphone default app. It does not automatically use the  adobe reader app--which I do have installed on my phone.

The adobe reader correctly renders the checked boxes while the default app on the phone does not.

This presents a probelm because our clients are typically older and wouldn't know how to push the file from the default app over to the reader.

What At would you advise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but you need to tell them that the form works best with Adobe Acrobat Reader and tell them how to download the app and how to use it. There are some other apps that work, but not the iPhone app or the iPad app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines