• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Disabling Specific Touch Gestures

New Here ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe this still hasn't been implemented yet, but Photoshop needs a way to disable specific touch gestures.

Some of the gestures are extremely useful, like pan and rotate, while others are infuriatingly buggy.

I use a Wacom MobileStudio, so my hand rests on the screen while I draw. Even the slightest bit of movement, and the Photoshop gesture to unzoom, unrotate, and view the whole image is activated.

This is utterly stupid. How can gestures have been in the program for this long yet there is still no way to enable to disable or even modify the gestures individually??? The only solution we are ever given is to completely disable gestures and use none of them. This all-or-nothing approach seems unnecessary and really makes using Photoshop unpleasant.

[Moved from the non-technical LOUNGE Forum to a Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an open forum with "some" Adobe staff participation, use the links below to make a report

https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform for feature requests or bug reports

-or Feedback forum https://forums.adobe.com/community/creative_cloud/desktop-app/content

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John, I will use the Feedback forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I completely agree, I had to disable all touch gestures on the HP ZBook 2 as well. If each touch gesture can be turned on and off individually in the preferences then there wouldn't be an issue. Specifically I have had problems with Scroll Undo it activates all the time and from 2 fingers instead of 3. This problem could even be fixed by changing the 'touch' hotkey...meaning changing how touch activates certain actions.

Can anyone from Adobe comment on this please!!!!!!?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines