• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

images open small

New Here ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i open an image into Photoshop the image is tiny and if i try to enlarge it it becomes blurry.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a particular image?

If yes, what is its size in pixels?

If this is happening with RAW files opened in Camera RAW, then check the settings at the bottom of the ACR window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the image is 2560 by 1440, the same as the background

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that is what it comes out like

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm willing to bet that your Photoshop document is a higher resolution than the image you are downloading from the web.  So even if it has high resolution, it might look blurry because the canvas size is very large.You can drag up the size on your own, but it will result in diminishing the quality of the image (pixilization, blurriness). In Photoshop go to Image > Image size and check the dpi of both images there.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Bahaar+Khan  wrote

In Photoshop go to Image > Image size and check the dpi of both images there.

The ppi setting has no relevance whatsoever here. That only matters when you send to print. This is about pixel dimensions.

The answer is in this thread, exactly the same issue (I'm not typing it all again): https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2316938

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...or rather, to be precise: By dragging, the file is opened into another file as a Smart Object. This causes the ppi setting to interfere as an unwanted (in this case) side effect.

The point I'm trying to make is this: Don't open as Smart Object until you know what a Smart Object is and what it does.

So there I had to type it again after all...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using windows, go to control panel>display, and check that you are using the 100% (default) setting..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

had a look and its already at 100

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I will try tomorrow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines