• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Page has dropped 3/4" from the rest of the 40-page document!

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I'm working along in Indesign CC, and suddenly, I realize that the other half the center spread page is about 3/4 lower than the rest of the pages. Don't know when or how it happened, but I don't have any idea how to fix this. I'm on deadline, and I really hate to have to copy and past the entire document into a new one...

Anyone have this happen, or know how to make it revert to its proper position? See attached.pages misaligned.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Page tool to move the page (third from top of the Tools panel). See below:

InDesign CC344.png

InDesign CC345.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your speedy reply.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did using the Page tool solve the problem or did you solve it another way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I quit Indesign, restarted the laptop, and then when I reopened the file, the page tool worked. The other option I would have tried had that not worked would have been to save a copy, delete everything after that page, add the number of new pages necessary and then cut and paste from the original document. Restarting was easier and faster.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried to do that, but it won't budge. <sigh>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'd kinda like to know how/why/what I must have done to make that happen. Some odd combination of keys, perhaps?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I don't think it could have happened with keys. More likely, you accidentally chose the Page tool instead of the Selection tool, and made an unnoticed "drag," which moved the page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines