• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2017.1.1 reliability issues... frozen UI, crash, etc.

Enthusiast ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the Premiere CC 2017.1.1 which was installed today... seeing a bunch of issues while using it with a very simple project. I can't stop to get a bunch of screenshots right now, need to try to get through this, but wanted to provide info here in case it helps to see if others are experiencing the same issue. I'll file any bugs once obtaining good symptom info.

So far what I've seen...

1. A crash when clicking around in the project window... not sure what I did exactly, but I was trying to do something, I think I accidentally right-clicked and chose import or something because I got a file/open import dialog prompt. No other info at this time.

2. When playing back, the app goes into a state where I cannot click or do anything to the UI... no menus, no windows or anything... it's as if there's an app modal dialog open. I'm Windows PC so if I click the lower/left of the systray to minimize all apps, and re-maximize, it seems to revive things, but not always. So once I was playing back and could not stop playback.

3. Another time the Graphics workspace was active... I clicked Editing which changed workspaces but I saw the "modal" behavior thing described in the prior item... actually this occurred first, then I saw 2 later on so maybe this is a catalyst.

5. Audio wasn't playing on one particular click... I restarted premiere and the problem went away.

6. I was reducing volume to infinity (off) via the timeline, where there's a cut on the clip to another clip with it's volume starting at infinity (off) and I raise it... basically a manual fade out and in across separate clicks. There's odd audio artifacts or clicks when playing back across that clip boundary. If I render in/out to include that cut, the rendered clip does not have the artifact... not worried about it but fyi.

Very painful but it doesn't look hopeless just yet to work around things but I have to see what happens going forward... I'm now seeing more often than before that thing where playback is started via transport and then I can't stop it later because the UI doesn't accept anything from mouse or keyboard.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try restarting it a few times and ditching media cache.  I had 3 or 4 crashes at first and then seemed to sort itself out a bit. But yes seems less stable than the first build (way to go adobeo)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well after an evening of using it, I agree:

its buggy as all buggry

I'm lucky to go 15 minutes without a crash, stall, or issue (program monitor goes black, wont render). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

getho  wrote

well after an evening of using it, I agree:

its buggy as all buggry

I'm lucky to go 15 minutes without a crash, stall, or issue (program monitor goes black, wont render). 

Thanks for confirming the general experience issues... one never knows when it may be something system-specific... I'm not sensing it's my system as much as the new update... Shortly after my first post above I re-installed the CC 2017.1.0 version and was able to complete my project. Much better! The downside is I won't be experiencing issues so that I can gather reports with more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I only installed it in the hope they'd fixed the bezier handle bug in the effects control pallette.  But now I've used it for a day in the middle of a project not sure I should bounce back again to the original

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't go 10 minutes without Prem crashing. No consistent cause, just locks up, spinning beachball of doom, have to force quit. Just what I need on a Sunday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I filed  a general bug report referencing my post. I've been off the most recent version for a week now, on CC2017.1.0... generally works fine for me. That upgrade was just hitting walls for me... fairly basic setup. If you see issues and can file a bug with info, here is the link to do so...

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 05, 2017 Jul 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Everyone,

We have a new release of Premiere Pro which solved many of bugs. Please update.

Premiere Pro 11.1.2 available today – critical update, highly recommended | Creative Cloud blog by A...

Thanks,

Vidya.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines