• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help me with After Effect transition I describe

New Here ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, my name is Matthias. I really need your help to figure what I'm really looking for.

Inspired by someone who make a documentary film on a seminar that I attended. Then I saw this part of his video that shrink.

For example; the video size is 1080x720 and then it shrink to 720x720 without cropping or changing the composition scale. It's just animated like the clip somehow I call it "closing".

I'm looking for this technique, but I don't know what it called. If you know anything about what I describe, please let me know. Also if you have the link for this kind of tutorial I'll be glad to know. Excuse my bad English, I tried not to translating from my language to English.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No idea what you are saying. Sounds exactly like that - scaling combined with an animated box wipe to "crop". Anyway, it's a moot point. from your post it's 100% clear that you are a total AE beginner, so perhaps reading the help files might be a good idea. this is really basic stuff.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Mylenium.  You need some basic training.  After Effects is very complex, and without a good, basic knowledge it's just a matter of time before you get hopelessly lost.

Matthias98  wrote

...I saw this part of his video that shrink.

For example; the video size is 1080x720 and then it shrink to 720x720 without cropping or changing the composition scale.

This is why you need basic training.  The video you describe is wide and not very tall, but it changes into something that is square.  Two different shapes.  It can NOT be done without cropping the sides.

Do yourself a favor.  Go here:

After Effects tutorials | Learn how to use After Effects CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have a link to what you're talking about?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely a confusing question since logically, you can't reduce the resolution and scale without actually reducing the resolution and scale.  It also went to a square.

If I were guessing, it sounds like one of two things, you squeezed the sides in or letterboxed from the side kinda.

In any case, something was either lost or distorted to go from 1080x720 to 720x720.

Eric

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2017 Jul 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Matthias,

Did you ever find a solution for your transition? Let us know what you did or if you still need help.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines