• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot download after effects addon.

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to install the Autodesk Live LInk  https://creative.adobe.com/addons/products/17593#.WRTU49IrL9a

Added it to my account and nothing happens, AE CC is installed and shows up in my CC GUI, I tried removing the addon and re adding it in my account... nothing.

A bunch of angry comments complaining about it not working though, so clearly im not the only one having the issue. what is going on?

[Moved from the After Effects forum to the Add-Ons forum. - moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

As confirmed by user, the following steps worked:-

Step1:

ā€¢ Launch https://creative.adobe.com/addons/my_addons , logout and login again using your id.

ā€¢ Now Click on your add-on, which is acquired

ā€¢ Go to ā€˜Where to find itā€™ section

ā€¢ Expand ā€œDownload / Install your Add-on another wayā€ link

ā€¢ Click on ā€œDownload using Extension Manager >ā€ link, you will be navigated to a page where download option will appear

ā€¢ Download your add-on, it will be downloaded in ZXP format

Step2:

ā€¢ Follow the link in order to

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you are in AE, where are you looking for the Add-on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 17, 2017 May 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont even have to be in AE im looking at the install location that is specified by the app. no files are being installed in there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you getting notification in Activity stream in CC desktop App about installation of this addon?

1. You should be using AE CC2014-CC2017 as this addon is compatible with these versions.
  2. Make sure you have logged in with same id in CC desktop app and https://creative.adobe.com/addons/my_addons .
  3. Check SYNC is on in CC desktop app at Settings>Preferences>Creative Cloud tab> Files.
  4. Once you receive notification, you will find this addon at After Effects>Windows>Extensions>Autodesk Maya Live Link

-Rabab

Adobe Addon Vetting/Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. You should be using AE CC2014-CC2017 as this addon is compatible with these versions.

I am. 2017.2 release.

1. Make sure you have logged in with same id in CC desktop app and https://creative.adobe.com/addons/my_addons

I am. Using CC subscription for teams.

1. Check SYNC is on in CC desktop app at Settings>Preferences>Creative Cloud tab> Files.

It is.

1. Once you receive notification, you will find this addon at After Effects>Windows>Extensions>Autodesk Maya Live Link

I haven't received any notifications for the past 2 weeks. No files downloaded. Nothing happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Are you not getting notification for this particular add-on or all addons? Are you getting notification for products updates ?

Can you try restarting CC desktop app after killing all CC processes.

Rabab

-Adobe Addon Vetting/Support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes normal after effects updates work fine. I have rebooted many times since "installing" the maya addon. look at their comments section. there is something wrong here, and im not the only one having this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since you are not getting any notification about installation/removal of addons on CC app, it looks there is some issue with your CC app.

Can you check which version of CC desktop app are you on? You can go to Setting>Preferences>General tab. There you will see CC version. Please confirm this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As confirmed by user, the following steps worked:-

Step1:

ā€¢ Launch https://creative.adobe.com/addons/my_addons , logout and login again using your id.

ā€¢ Now Click on your add-on, which is acquired

ā€¢ Go to ā€˜Where to find itā€™ section

ā€¢ Expand ā€œDownload / Install your Add-on another wayā€ link

ā€¢ Click on ā€œDownload using Extension Manager >ā€ link, you will be navigated to a page where download option will appear

ā€¢ Download your add-on, it will be downloaded in ZXP format

Step2:

ā€¢ Follow the link in order to install your ZXP file for your add-on by using ExMan Cmd Line Tool:  https://www.adobeexchange.com/resources/28

ā€¢ Most of the steps you have already done in step1, so it would be easier for you to follow the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 13, 2018 Oct 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So, the mayalink plugin (after effects live link) does not work with After Effects 2018 Addons?ā€‹If so, why? Is this a bug Adobe and Autodesk need to fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines