• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

synced LR mobile photos

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a recent trip, I captured some photos in LR mobile on my iPhone that I want to integrate into my LR desktop catalog. I've managed to sync the images. They show up in the All Synced Photographs collection in the Library module. But now I want to manage them as I would photos I imported from other cameras used during the same trip. I want the image files to be on my hard disk alongside other image files taken with other cameras, and the images to appear in my library folders in my catalog, just as though I had imported them normally. How do I make this happen? Do these synced-image files exist physically on my desktop hard drive? Is there a way to import them?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi hbortman,

The synced images will remain in your Phone under Camera roll>Lightroom.

Only smart previews are synced across all your devices and can be managed by adding them into collections.

See this linked discussion Re: Moving from synced Lightroom mobile collection to external hard drive collection in Photoshop Li...

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Akash. But that appears to work only for photos I've manually moved to the Camera Roll on my phone. Is there a way to access other photos taken from within Lightroom, without having to select each one individually for inclusion on the Camera Roll?

/hb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Images taken from Lr mobile should show up in a different collection as "Lightroom Photos".

The images from "Camera roll" needs to be into Lightroom.

~Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If synced correctly, then the Originals taken with the Lr Mobile camera should appear on your hard drive (the location can be found in the Lr Desktop-Mobile Preferences and can be changed if required).

Is this what you require?

Setting a Default Folder for Lightroom Mobile « Julieanne Kost's Blog

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, yes... and no. It's definitely a useful piece of information, but when I look at my current preferences, and then on my hard drive go to where it says the photos should be, they're not there. But perhaps this has to do with the magic phrase, "If synced correctly."

Essentially what I want to be able to do is import photos from Lightroom Mobile into Lightroom desktop as though they were coming from an SD card out of a camera. I'm not interested in the cloud, or in having LR mobile and desktop synchronized. I just want to use LR mobile as an app for taking raw images, and then treat my phone like a camera. But I can't figure out how to do that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I’m having the same issue. I have almost a 1,000 photos currently in LR Mobile from my iPhone all lumped into the "All Synced Photographs" catalog. In the past, I have copied the photos out to another folder, deleted the originals from LR CC and re-imported them so that I could sort them by date folders. The problem is that you lose all develop settings you may have made to those images on LR Mobile app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Currently the only way (apart from copying out to the Camera Roll) to get the Photos to Lr Desktop is via the Cloud.

There is a feature request, where you can vote, for LAN syncing here:

Lightroom mobile: I would like to synchronize over LAN instead of internet | Photoshop Family Custom...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines