• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Arm Movement Help

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a new Prop and I think i know why my arm doesn't move right anymore. I'm pretty sure it's because the prop overlaps the joint a bit... See attached video for examples.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

This is a known issue that we're working on solving - more control over elbow bends. I've found that experimenting with four things, even with minor differences, can have helpful effects sometimes - draggable handle placement, stick length and angle, staple placement w/ attach style, and artwork edits like Jeff mentioned.

Either that or Mjölnir is too heavy for you and you're not worthy.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the artwork file, if the arm is straight at the elbow, try adding a slight bend. That might help guide Character to warp it in the intended direction.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay i'll give that a tweak. I appreciate the response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a known issue that we're working on solving - more control over elbow bends. I've found that experimenting with four things, even with minor differences, can have helpful effects sometimes - draggable handle placement, stick length and angle, staple placement w/ attach style, and artwork edits like Jeff mentioned.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

oksamurai  wrote

I considered that... Then quickly dismissed it as any lingering doubt would ultimately lead to that conclusion! But all that other stuff sounds spot on; I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the angle and even went as far as to make the handle and head of Mjölnir separate layers so they don't cross the joint. The movement improved, now i'm getting weird rubbery or expanding/twisting layers. Honestly I probably just need to take a short break to clear my head and look at it with fresh eyes lol. Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're still running into issues feel free to share here or DM me your .puppet file (File > Export > Puppet) via a shared link on Google Drive, Dropbox, or Creative Cloud to take a closer look. At the very least it would be a helpful example of a problem we're working on fixing for the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'll DM you a link; I'm getting a weird expanding effect of my props...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines