• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ProjectItem.importFiles "suppressUI" parameter has no effect

Enthusiast ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps I'm missing something, but setting the second parameter of ProjectItem.importFiles (the suppressUI boolean) to true appears to have no effect on the process. Whether the importation process succeeds or fails, the importation meter appears. If the importation process fails, an error dialog is shown to the user.

Tested on Premiere Pro 2017.1, macOS.

Is this a bug or am I missing something?

TOPICS
SDK

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

SuppressUI suppresses any non-required UI.

Required = progress indicator ('Importing Files' message), and any errors resultant from the import.

Not required =  translation notices, and any warnings generated by importing the file(s) in question.

And yes, suppressed UI will not suppress the "Importing" progress indicator, nor any actual errors encountered while importing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here, seems to be a bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it, thanks!

Bruce Bullis​ is this a known issue? Is there a recommended place to file bug reports for such bugs?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are other possible errors, which are being suppressed. I'll look for some specifics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bruce Bullis wrote

There are other possible errors, which are being suppressed. I'll look for some specifics.

I take it, then, that "suppressUI" does not allow you to hide all UI and run an operation "as though" it were in the background?

If that's the case, then it seems there are multiple "classes" of UI. Is that what you're off looking for?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SuppressUI hides warnings and non-threatening notifications; it does not suppress error reporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bruce Bullis wrote

SuppressUI hides warnings and non-threatening notifications; it does not suppress error reporting.

Can you please describe or otherwise provide examples of which warnings and non-threatening notifications are suppressed with this switch? It is really hard to know how to properly use the flag without more specific information.

Also, to be clear, this does not suppress the "Importing" pop up, correct? It was my assumption that suppressing that UI was the job of that flag. I mean, the flag is called "suppressUI", right? Not "suppressWarnings"...?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

SuppressUI suppresses any non-required UI.

Required = progress indicator ('Importing Files' message), and any errors resultant from the import.

Not required =  translation notices, and any warnings generated by importing the file(s) in question.

And yes, suppressed UI will not suppress the "Importing" progress indicator, nor any actual errors encountered while importing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines