• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

After effects crash when relink material on other machine.

New Here ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I've this kind of problem with the latest update of after effects 14.2: When I try to relink files on another machine after effects crash.

To go on with my work, I need to save as a prior version, then relink files, then reopen with the new version.  Everytime, 3 time a day!!

Someone can help me?

thanks

ciao

Stefania

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without actual exact system information and details about what footage you use, where it's stored etc. nobody can tell you much.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, of course...sorry.

I work with an Imac 5K System El capitain vrs 10.11.1   intel  i7  32gb ram. Materials are various format, photos in jpeg, video mxf, appleProRes, Hd, 2K, 3K.. But the most are photos.

Files are stored on Pegasus Promise 12TB thunderbolt.

Prj is stored on a GDrive 4TB thunderbolt.

The other machine is an oldest Imac, but the problem is the same even from a macbookpro.

thanks

Stefania

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Process:           After Effects [5711]
Path:              /Applications/Adobe After Effects CC 2017/Adobe After Effects CC 2017.app/Contents/MacOS/After Effects
Identifier:        com.adobe.AfterEffects
Version:           14.2 (14.2)
Code Type:         X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:    ??? [1]
Responsible:       After Effects [5711]
User ID:           501

Date/Time:         2017-05-19 20:08:47.372 +0200
OS Version:        Mac OS X 10.11.3 (15D21)
Report Version:    11
Anonymous UUID:    2B68C285-616B-B8D3-CEEE-FD247DBC2A76

Time Awake Since Boot: 39000 seconds

System Integrity Protection: enabled

Crashed Thread:    0  Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread

Exception Type:    EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes:   0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000
Exception Note:    EXC_CORPSE_NOTIFY

Application Specific Information:

abort() called

*** error for object 0x7fb41060b018: incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably modified after being freed.

Global Trace Buffer (reverse chronological seconds):

66.859268CFNetwork            0x00007fff8994fa5b TCP Conn 0x7fb448391560 SSL Handshake DONE

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2017 Jul 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi StefiIsabella,

Are you still facing this problem? If not, let us know how you solved it. If so, please let us know so we can assist you further.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem...and it is really annoying me.

Have a massive project on an archive drive from 2012...

Opened it from the drive, saved as a new version AE CC2017 and all good.

Collected all files to my main work systems external raid array... all good.

Copied that project to my external work drive to take home... on my home box the full path of the consolidated assets is a little different to the system at work so had to reload footage so I could relink media... well thats when the problem arises.... bang crash!@@!#.

When ever I relink this project AE crashes big time... 213 assets - various JPGS, Movs, PSDS etc etc....

When AE opens and knows where the media is then all is good.

Major project to complete with a major hassle.

The fact that all works when the path is found on opening means the files are NOT corrupt.

I have deleted preferences and dragged the file in... relink??? bang crash.

Anyone any ideas?

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 29, 2017 Oct 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add,

One other test I have done: (using 14.2.1.34)

Started a new project, dragged all the assets from my problem project into it and saved...

Changed assets folder name.

Opened test project

relinked with no problems.

So must be something with old versioning and the re save as latest version

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Dec 15, 2017 Dec 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is a major problem.  Opening a project in 2017 or 2018 that was created in an older version of After Effects and re-linking missing media that is in a differently named folder than when the project was created crashes after effects.  This has been going on for several versions.  Hopefully Adobe will fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, did you resolve this issue? I'm having the same problem now and it is driving me crazy! On a deadline too so need to figure out ASAP.

Thanks!

Dom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, I would love some help with this if possible?

Thanks

Dom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Had the same problem with a file coming from AE CS6 and having to relink assets (images in my case). AE will unexpectedly quit while / after importing and finding additional missing images in the same folder. This happening in AE CC 2017 and CC 2018. I installed AE CC 2015 and there I can open the old file (version CS6), relink images, save the new file and the open it in CC 2018 without problems.

Best,

D.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2018 Jul 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem just now, and have also had some of the unhelpful replies (like from Mylenium) in the past when posting an issue - The spec of the system isn't always necessary when determining why people are facing an error, sometimes errors can be corrected by simple trouble shooting which is what the forum is for. In my case I manage to get the files to relink without crashing by simply changing the folder structure/name, which I had inherited when given the drive. Once I changed the folder name, removing hyphens ( - ) and shortening the folder name. I was able to link the files without any crashing or freezing of the system.

I hope this works for you in the future.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2018 Jul 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for your advice.

I also had this problem but it turned out that a hyphen in a folder name, within which was my (footage) folder, was causing the problem.

I removed the hyphen and AE linked to source files without crashing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines