• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set Specific Size Restrictions on Canvas

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to begin some trading card designs on Draw on my iPad Pro with Apple Pencil. But I can't seem to find anyway to verify size nor shape consistency.

Any suggestions?

I know I'll clean up everything in Illustrator once I am complete, but for now? I would like to maintain some visual integrity between one card concept and another.

Side Note:

It would also be awesome to download a visual template by the Print-On-Demand companies for a Card and then bring that into Draw in order to stick with the size restrictions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Hi RandomBlink,

It's not yet possible in Draw to create custom canvas sizes; for now, it would probably be best, when beginning a drawing, to choose a size that's "close" (perhaps a bit larger) and then size down when you send the work to the desktop.

The drawing teams are working on custom canvas sizes.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2017 Mar 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Brian,

I'm sorry, in the current version of Draw it's not possible to change the canvas size once you've begun drawing. I know it doesn't do you a lot of good for this drawing, but that is a feature that will be in the next version of the app (which should be available in a couple of weeks).

You'd have to send to the desktop and then resize.

I hope that helps a bit.

Regards,

Sheena

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 03, 2017 Apr 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi RandomBlink,

It's not yet possible in Draw to create custom canvas sizes; for now, it would probably be best, when beginning a drawing, to choose a size that's "close" (perhaps a bit larger) and then size down when you send the work to the desktop.

The drawing teams are working on custom canvas sizes.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do we have a guesstimate on when resizing the canvas will be an option? This would make my life a much happier place. I have so many drawings that are on the wrong size canvas.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

RandomBlink.

I've been told that custom canvas sizes will be in an update this summer; can't be more specific than that.

Hope that helps.

Sue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines