• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom - Exporting Catalog with Smart Previews

New Here ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have someone I want to edit my weddings for me however my workflow is confusing me on how I can export a catalog of smart previews correctly. I cull my images using PhotoMechanic and drag just the selected images into Lightroom where I then make a collection inside that client's catalog with different sub collections. All the tutorials I have watched have mentioned exporting a folder as a catalog with smart previews but under my "folder" is just the external harddrive with multiple folders of the raw images. How can I export my collection as a catalog with smart previews without it being a "folder"? Or what is the best way to create a folder to put the culled images into?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I recall, you can export collections as a catalog, have you tried this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think i did that but it's entirely possible I did it incorrectly. I had the collection highlighted and i selected file > export as catalog and had the Build / Include Smart Previews selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when the editor got that zipped folder catalog it said it couldn't locate files

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Explain further. What zipped folder catalog???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines