• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

you tube will not play videos

New Here ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you tube does not play videos, says I need flash player.

I go to adobe to download where I run their own check.. it states " sorry, you do not have flash player installed "

so I try to download and adobe then states that flash player is already included with windows 8.1 and does not allow me to download.

I can't find it anywhere on my list.. so ...

I do not have flash player, confirmed by adobe, but adobe detects that I have windows 8.1 and thus must have flash player so will not allow me to download..

any ideas ???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

go here with your problematic browser and see if flash player is working and what version you have, Flash Player Help

if that shows you have flash player,  what browser (name and version) and what flash player version?

[moved from Downloading, Installing, Setting Up to Installing Flash Player]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please see Flash Player issues on Windows 8  for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As of Windows 8, Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE, and Edge on Windows 10, and all updates are released by Microsoft via Windows Update.  This is why the download page states Flash Player is included in Windows 8.1. 

I can't find it anywhere on my list.. so ...

Are you referring to Control Panel's list of installed programs, or something else?  Since Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE it is considered a component of IE and it is not listed as a separate item in the list of installed programs.

I do not have flash player, confirmed by adobe

What does this mean?  Where did you get this confirmation?

Launch Windows Explorer and navigate to C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash.  Locate the FlashUtil_ActiveX.exe file and right-click on it.  Select Properties > Details tab.  What is the File version listed?

Normally when a site displays "Sorry you do not have flash player installed" on Windows 8 and above on IE it's because Flash is either disabled, or ActiveX Filtering is enabled.  This is why I posted the link to Flash Player issues on Windows 8 This page also contains a link to Microsoft's Update for the latest Flash Player for IE in case your system didn't have the latest version installed.

Please do the following:

1. Launch IE
  2. Click on the Tools menu gear
  3. Click on Manage add-ons
  4. In the Show field, select All add-ons from the menu:
  5. Select 'Shockwave Flash Object'
  6. Post a screenshot of the Shockwave Flash Object details (see How do I attach a screenshot?)

YouTube has defaulted to HTML5 video for a long time.  I'm surprised it's prompting for Flash Player.  Please provide a direct link to the content prompting for Flash Player, as well as a screenshot (see How do I attach a screenshot?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines