• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Actions pathway generation. Best strategy?

New Here ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

17-OWT-2004 copy.jpg

I've been the "official photographer" for youth sports associations in my community for about 20 years. I do trading cards and other sports memorabilia and have a good relationship with the volunteers and participants.

I am in the process of developing an app to take the paperwork out of the system and allow parents and players to view their photos, submit custom info (and place orders if they wish) through an online tool. The app acts as a funnel collecting input (data and photos) and disseminating production commands to programs - including Photoshop.  My goal is to take the tedium out of large volume production and allow me to focus on the fun stuff (shooting, editing and cropping). I am about 70% there and we're in Phase 1 testing of the app this season. So far - not too shabby.

Collecting the data is easy. Here is what I am trying to solve: I will be databasing orders that parents place for products. I would like the database to also generate an Action or Droplet pathway to force Photoshop into action. So if a parent, for example, orders a Trader Card, through the app, a response can be generated once the components are defined and submitted. (I am getting my head around the best way to do this.)   

I figure it can be done and this sounds to me like a good strategy.  However I am not certain that this is the best strategy and there may be better ways to force Actions in Photoshop based on data input. Have developers been working on or solving this issue?

Reply if you're working on anything similar or have some thoughts or questions.  I am looking for recommendations specifically about how to create an Action pathway or whether it is the best approach.

Video and/or links to info would be appreciated if you have any recommendations.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you haven't yet, it may be best (you'll get far more views by people who use Photoshop anyway) to post over in the Photoshop General Discussion Forums.

The Coding Corner forum is all but dead for the most part. I'm somewhat surprised it hasn't been dissolved to be honest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines