• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can this be done in Muse? If yes, how do I get started?

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently, I saw this interactive news from the NYTimes, which has done several interactive news articles that combine video, photography, animation, and infographics with the text.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2017/05/18/climate/antarctica-ice-melt-climate-change.html

Is this possible to do in Adobe Muse? If yes, where should I go to start learning about Muse? I don't need to start from scratch, but introduction to the relevant tools to create such interactive news articles would be helpful!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

thats a very simple (almost spam) website that could be made in Muse by a 5 year old... the only issue is the email link for sign up and thats just a way to trick people into sending their email to a database. if you want to make the site 'as is' then you would have to custom code that part in bootstrap (or whatever code you like) but Muse could make a true email form that hotmail or other US based host server are very happy with i.e, name, email address and message so its not a big stress.

p.s,

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thats a very simple (almost spam) website that could be made in Muse by a 5 year old... the only issue is the email link for sign up and thats just a way to trick people into sending their email to a database. if you want to make the site 'as is' then you would have to custom code that part in bootstrap (or whatever code you like) but Muse could make a true email form that hotmail or other US based host server are very happy with i.e, name, email address and message so its not a big stress.

p.s, there is nothing interactive about the news on that site... it is just a simple slideshow with video and imo is badly designed... I recommend you look here for better examples of Muse design.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But, how is this 3dmotion from part 2 in Muse possible Ussnorway​.

This doesn´t has to do with muse, I guess?

Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But, how is this 3dmotion from part 2 in Muse possible

the race finding answers in the ice?

it is just a single still image (https://static01.nyt.com/newsgraphics/2017/03/30/antarctica-chapters/4a94185b3461ce76efaf0b21cf4fd69... ) and the view pans from left to right on a timer so it looks like it is moving... the jerking helps trick the eye into thinking a new image is loaded but its not

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! This explanation definitely clears up the issue a bit. Still, who or where should I consult for project-based Muse tutorials?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

who or where should I consult for project-based Muse tutorials?

the link I already gave you is the best place for Adobe Muse tutorials and other resources. there is Adobe Max 2017 if thats more your thing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ussnorway​, thinking about this: part 2 - I guess, these are two images, fading? Looks nice anyway.

Bildschirmfoto 2017-05-21 um 12.37.30.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines