• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I forgot to convert to DNG at import, but I can't convert the entire collection to DNG

Contributor ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there they are after I have edited for hours and the CR2 was staring me in the face- I forgot to convert on import.

I select the images in  the collection, I go to the top Library>convert to DNG.....

it will only convert (1) cr2 to DNG......

what gives?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Are you sure you have selected all photos in the Collection grid view? [Ctrl+A]

Is it possible the collection only has one raw image? The others may be virtual copies.

(I had no trouble converting all files in a mixed collection of CR2 and ARW files. CC2015.10)

And is it really important to you to convert to DNG?

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you have selected all photos in the Collection grid view? [Ctrl+A]

Is it possible the collection only has one raw image? The others may be virtual copies.

(I had no trouble converting all files in a mixed collection of CR2 and ARW files. CC2015.10)

And is it really important to you to convert to DNG?

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i will try grid view.....i used LR since 1.0 and have always converted DNG....part of my work flow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First get out of any collection you are in. Second go to the Grid view. Third select All Photographs in the Catalog section of the left hand panel.

Use the filter bar to Filter in, Show, only CR2 files (Last column on the filter bar with Metadata selected) and change the heading of that last column to File Type then select Raw from the list. Only CR2 files show then show in the Grid view area. Select All and then convert to DNG.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

YES,  and a big thank you to everyone...grid view did the job and I was able to convert the collection at once in progress now.....@ WOBERTC-So the reason for this so I will remember is in grid view I am not looking at any virtual copies ( I always work in individual mode so possibly it was only acting on one image globally)... Well I am glad you guys are here!!!  cheers  V.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines