• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The file is not recognised by the raw format support in Lightroom. (1)

New Here ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys, I've been searching for something to help me all day here, and I've finally decided to post because nothing I have found has helped me.

I have Lightroom CC 10.12, and Camera Raw CC 9.9, my camera is a Canon EOS M5, I'm shooting in RAW, this has never been an issue on my Windows machine, but on my Mac for some reason I am having problems.

I've tried updating, no updates are available, and I've checked out the Camera Raw compatibility list here: Cameras supported by Camera Raw, and I have the correct versions to support the camera.

Photoshop CC can easily open and manipulate my RAW files, I'm at a loss as to why Lightroom can't.

Please help me, I'm having a mental breakdown over here. I just want to edit my photos!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you confirm the correct version of Lr that you have?   "CC10.12" does not describe the current version,

which should be-   CC 2015.10 [ 1111918 ]

"Camera Raw" is not used by Lightroom (only Photoshop) so is not relevant to your problem.

Open Lightroom and click [Help] > [System Info],  and quote the first line "Lightroom Version"  in the information panel.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick reply!

CC 2015 [1014445] is what it says.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joshuajclark  wrote

I have Lightroom CC 10.12, and Camera Raw CC 9.9, my camera is a Canon EOS M5,

There is no Lightroom CC 10.12. The current version is Lightroom CC 2015.10.

In Lightroom, click Help > System Info and tell us which version of Lightroom is shown.

For the M5 you need CC 2015.8 or later.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You both asked the same question, and CC 2015 [1014445] is the answer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to update to Lightroom CC 2015.8 or later, so you should probably install CC 2015.10, download it from here: Download Photoshop Lightroom

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Downloaded, and now I'm being told the update could not be applied because updates have been suppressed by the Administrator.

Except I am the Administrator, and web searches tell me I should delete or rename "AdobeUpdaterPrefs.dat" from "/Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater/".

Yet even after doing that it fails.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines