• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Bad WAV Options"

New Here ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I am trying to import a wav file into my after effects composition, but every time I do I get an error that reads "After Effects: AEGP Plugin AEGP Internal: Bad WAV Options ( 5027 :: 12)"

Can anyone fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post some info about your system and AE version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I'm actually running an old AE (Version 7.0), but this is a new problem for me. I have been able to upload WAV files in the past, so I do not believe it is because of my old program. I am running it on an Asus M32BF-DH02 with 8GB of RAM. I'm not sure what information you need, so just let me know and I can give it to you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where'd this wav file come from?  List details in the metadata.  Your version of AE is only 32-bit, so it may not even know about newer twists on wav files.

Or you can just dumb the file down in an audio application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The WAV file is an audio track I produced that I'm looking to layer over some video and effects. It is a 24 Bit file exported at 44.1 kHz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do the sample rates match?  I haven't used 44.1 since the late '90's.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a quick Google search on your error code (typically a good first step) when you first posted this, and found some hits with your exact problem. I had a hunch you might be having the same issue (an older version of AE), which is indeed the cause of the problem here. Check out a similar thread from 2011, answered by an Adobe employee.Audio Import Error in After Effects- (5027 ::12)

I'd recommend trying to save your audio into a different format. Ultimately, running an older version of complex software is bound to cause some headaches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi GrantC,

Are you still facing this issue? If so, sorry for that. Have you tried what was suggested by Kyle Hamrick in the previous thread? Do let us know.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines