• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problems during Lightroom 6 installation

New Here ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have problems with the installation of Lightroom 6. (full version, no upgrade) I have purchased Lightroom through a software download at Amazon. At the end of the order process I was informed of a serial number. However, the installation process fails with the attached error message when I try to enter it. Has anyone here in the forum perhaps an idea, how can this problem be fixed?

thank you in advanceLR6 message.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the code you got from Amazon start with 1160 and contain 24 number characters, No letters?

If it doesn't have all numbers then it is not a valid serial number and may be a Redemption code that you have to use on the Adobe website to get a valid serial number.

Do NOT post the characters here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The serial number starts with 1160 and has 24 numeric characters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please decode, translate, what that dialog box says.

State exactly what you have done and what happens.

That dialog box is where you type in the serial number. Have you actually typed in the serial number and checked it for correctness?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After completing the payment process, an installer was loaded on my desktop from the Amazon website, which I started. In the following dialog I downloaded the installation package for the Windows version on my desktop and unpacked it into a new directory. This directory contains the subdirectories "deploy", "packages", "payload", and "resources" as well as the files "Lightroom 6 ReadMe" and "Set-Up". Then I started the file "Set-up". After the initialization of the installer, a dialog box with three options will appear:

1) Install with serial number (I have a serial number)

2) Start subscription (I have a subscription) and

3) Install test version (I would like to test Adobe Lightroom for a limited time)

Since I have a serial number, I have chosen the first option. The error message appears in the dialog box:

"This serial number for Adobe Lightroom could not be verified." If you have a coupon code, or an email with an invitation to participate in an Adobe membership program , Redeem the code, or accept the invitation before you license this software "

Of course, I checked the serial number several times before I finished the input.

Thank you ever for the help so far.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shut down your system and restart then try the install again.

If that doesn't work then select Install Test Version and once that is up and running and use this to convert it to a full version.

How to convert a Lightroom CC trial to Lightroom 6

Did you get a prompt to input your Adobe ID, an email address and password, before you got the serial number dialog window?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I followed the advice and tried to install the test version after restarting. But this attempt, too, unfortunately failed. I had to log in with my Adobe account after initializing the setup and selecting "Install Test Version". Initially, the installation seemed to work up to about 2%, but then the error occurred with this error message: (Translation: Installation failed.) Inconsistency in the installer database. Restart the computer and run it Reinstall the installation, and use the Troubleshooting File to help identify the problem, and if you continue to experience problems, contact support for further assistance. ")

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any chance the download from Amazon was corrupted? Can you download a second time and try to run the installer again?

Found this suggestion on another thread with the 'Inconsistency in the installer database' message

Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner Tool to solve installation problems

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is more than likely a drive/folder/file permissions problem. The folder the LR install is trying to copy files to doesn't have the correct permissions.

This has been an on going problem with every operating system update for both Windows and Mac OS X. MS and Apple seem to change permissions on folders at will without any concern for other software vendors or users.

Check the C:\Users folder Properties and Add your Username to the list on the Security tab and give it Full Control. Also check your actual username for the same thing, C:\Users\​YourUserName​ .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the administrator account, which since the update of Windows 7 on Windows 10 on my computer strangely became invisible was reactivated. After a reboot I have registered with this administrator account to my computer and checked if there is a full access to the system drive and all subdirectories. All ticks for full access are set. Then I tried again to install Lightroom. But the problem described continues to exist. Afterwards I tried to install a trial version of Lightroom from the Adobe website, but also this attempt failed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't matter if you have an Admin account or not. The New Admin accounts aren't like the older Admin accounts. They still restrict access to certain things unless you over ride them by changing the permissions.

Only if you are a SuperUser and or ROOT user do you have complete access and in fact not even then with the newer versions of Windows and OS X.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the sake of clarity: I have not logged into the installation with an account, which is a member of the group "Administrators", but with the account "Administrator" itself. If you look at the rights in the system drive, you can also see the difference. The user logged in with the "Administrator" account has no restrictions as to the read or write rights of the system drive. Nevertheless, the problem still exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Furthermore, I have disabled firewall and the virus scanner for the installation process.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines