• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't stop Lightroom from applying synchronize setting

Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whenever I enter Lightroom, and begin working with images in either a collection or in a folder, after a few minutes, Lightroom starts applying a crop to all the pictures in my current filmstrip.  I can't find where to turn this off! If I go into Develop and select the film strip images, and verify that the switch for the auto sync button is in the off position. I've restored all the presets from the preferences/general tab to their default values, made sure that the Lightroom Mobile synch is paused, and have gone to the sync button in the bottom of the Develop panel as soon as I enter a folder or collection, set all sync attributes to unchecked, but still find that Lightroom goes through my images, applying a synchronized attribute of a crop - always the same size (about 20% of the image) crop, usually in the same location on the image (center).  In Develop, the history shows "synchronize setting" but I do not understand what it is syncing with and how to stop that action.

Help!!!

I am a newer, beginning Lightroom user. This is driving me to tears!  I would be grateful for any suggestions that might work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Hi MarkDB,

Please back up your Lightroom catalog from Edit>Catalog settings>Backup(when Lightroom next exits) and restore Lightroom preferences following this article How to set Lightroom preferences

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

AK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi MarkDB,

Please back up your Lightroom catalog from Edit>Catalog settings>Backup(when Lightroom next exits) and restore Lightroom preferences following this article How to set Lightroom preferences

Let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

AK

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 03, 2017 May 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow, this worked! Thanks so much!

Is there a way that I could bulk remove the "Synchronize Settings" that was applied to my images? Right now, I am stepping back  to the previous action in my history list image by image as I work an image, but I have hundreds of images that have been affected by the "Synchronize Settings" that inadvertently was created in my presets/preferences.

Greatly appreciate your helpful advice!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

O no!  The problem came back? Is there any evidence in the com.adobe.Lightroom6.plist  file to see what I am doing wrong? Is there a way to post the file if there is?  It went away by deleting the file, but I really, really, don't want this come back again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me know if it comes back again. We might need system info from Lightroom.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2017 May 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash -

The problem came back.  Is there some system info I can send you?
Thanks!
Mark Blumenfeld

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash, let me know if you are getting these messages!

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Akash -

The problem came back.  Is there some system info I can send you?
Thanks!
Mark Blumenfeld

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the bottom right corner of Develop are two buttons. What do they say? Is one of them showing AutoSync?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, I the buttons are Previous and Reset. In Library, I see 2 buttons "Sync Metadata and Sync Settings"  but they are grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines