Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking Multiple Audio to One Video | Premiere Elements 13

Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created this same post not to long ago, but it was soon buried by other posts. With no way to 'bump' a post as far as I know on this website so I am going to re do my explanation in this 'new and improved' post.

I have 4 (sometimes 5 tracks for sound effects) tracks of audio and 1 track of video. 3 of those need to be linked to the single video track so that when I use the trim/cut tool they remain in sync with the video. The 4th and 5th tracks do not need to be in sync with the video because it is the track that music/sound effects are placed on. Premiere Elements has 2 tools that I know of that can fix half of the problem, these tools are the 'group tool' and 'link audio-video tool'. Below is an explanation of why I cannot use these two tools.

The reason I do not use grouping is because when I go to trim/cut all of tracks remain in one big group. Put it this way; I have an apple (1 group of tracks). When I divide that apple in half (use the trim/cut tool) I should have 2 halves of an apple (two groups). However, my 2 halves are still stuck together by an unknown force (the group tool). So I have to pull them apart myself (manually ungroup everything). Premiere Elements audio-video link tool does not have this issue, but instead is restricted to linking a single audio track to a single video track.

I realise the workaround is to manually ungroup everything but it interrupts the workflow, especially when doing multiple cuts in short span of time. Which is why I'm trying to find a solution that removes this interruption.

IF YOU WANT A FURTHER EXPLANATION PLEASE ASK.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try some google searches for "Premier Elements Ripple Edit".  One video is here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YuWcGH0yDbs

There are choices to turn it on and off.  There are options using the Alt or Ctrl keys that change what happens. 

You may have to experiment a bit to get working the way you want.

Good luck!

Bill

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's your original discussion.

Linking Multiple Audio to One Video | Premiere Elements 13

Then as now I wonder why you need something other than the default ripple function. It does exactly what you want without the complications of grouping.

As I said then, when you have a clip select, the Split tool will split only that tool. When you don't have a clip selected on your timeline, all clips on all tracks will be split at that point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The lack of this feature is mind boggling. Steve Grisetti​ I do not understand how default ripple helps. Sorry if this reply comes across a little snooty -- !!! my bad!! -- but it's just I feel that what the OP was talking about hasn't been addressed or read carefully.

I feel I have the same issue as the OP. I have one video track and four synced audio tracks. I want to cut it up. I don't want to lose the sync. Now... I don't want to ripple, I don't want to make a final edit, I just want to cut it up so I keep the parts I want and cut out the parts I don't. Default ripple is not applicable.

I want to be able to form a cut, and then delete everything out, and move on. But in Premiere, I can't. GROUPing does not do it -- it doesn't allow me to cut out parts in the middle. RIPPLE does not do it -- that does not handle being able to cut all the tracks at one place.

And all the while, there's no ability to LINK. I can link ONE audio track to the video, but any more selected, and Link command doesn't show up.

I am searching to see if I am missing something obvious but as yet have not found a solution... the simple solution is to be able to LINK multiple audio to one (or more) video tracks. I can nest and I can group but I don't want to do that. I just want to link multiple clips/tracks of audio. I am flabbergasted that this isn't a feature. Whether or not we have several tracks in sync like the OP was talking about, or all of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can nest and I can group but I don't want to do that.

You cannot nest in Elements.

Is it Elements that you are using or Pr Pro?

You are on the Elements forum now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're right, this is the wrong forum.

Well it's all kind of related, granted I didn't check the forum but i got here after a google search in which i put in quotation marks "Adobe Premiere CC". Yet it takes me to Elements. So there's a deficiency of the internet at large. And Premiere Elements / Premiere CC... why does Adobe bother having two separate products? Seems a waste of resources, resources that could be better spent just making the overall product better.

So much confusion in the world sown by lack of simplicity. First thing they taught us in CompSci 101. "Keep it simple, stupid." Well we can dream.

Thank you for the heads up, tho.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also just wish to add that it is a miracle of the modern age that we can cut distribution level movies on machines we can carry in a backpack. Don't mean to get too complain-y.

But things can be better.

Alrite, done... peace to you all, hope you solve the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Linking multiple audio clips

You can link one video clip to multiple audio clips and you can link multiple audio clips together. When you link audio clips in a sequence, you link only the instances of the master clips. The original master audio clips in the Project panel are untouched.

Linked clips remain synchronized as you move them or trim them in a Timeline panel. You can apply audio effects, including Volume and Panning effects, to all channels in the linked clips. If you make an edit that moves one of the linked clips without moving the others, out-of-sync indicators appear.

You can display and trim a multi-clip link in the Source Monitor. You can view and play only one channel at a time in the Source Monitor. If the linked clips contain markers, the Source Monitor timeline displays markers only for the displayed track. If the Source Monitor displays a multi-clip link from the Project panel, you can use the Overwrite or Insert buttons to add the linked clips to separate tracks in a Timeline panel.

The Effect Controls panel displays all the video and audio tracks in a multi-clip link with the applied effects grouped together by track. You can apply effects from the Effects panel to a specific group in the Effect Controls panel.

Link audio clips

The audio clips must have the same channel type and each clip must be on a different track. If clips are already linked, such as an audio clip linked to a video clip, they must be unlinked before you can create a multi-clip link.

• If necessary, select each linked video and audio clip, or select multiple clips, and choose Clip > Unlink.

• Do one of the following:

• Shift-click to select each audio clip on separate tracks in a Timeline panel. You may also shift-click to select a video clip.
    • Shift-click to select more than one audio clip on separate tracks in a Timeline panel.

All audio clips must have the same track format (mono, stereo, or 5.1 surround).

• Choose Clip > Link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is for Premiere Pro, cannot use this in Elements 13.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines