Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Elements 15 MP4 Problems

May 11, 2017 May 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Elements 15 organizer will play the mp4 file (video taken with the Samsung Galaxy S8+), but when trying to open it in Premiere Elements it gives me a "general error" message (same thing happens in version 14).

How can I fix this?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

Thanks for reporting your issue.

For better resolution to your problem, we would recommend you to post this query on Premiere Elements Forum.

Thanks,

Anwesha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vikes,

Thanks for posting in Adobe forums.

I understand you are facing issue to open a video recorded by Samsung Galaxy S8+ in Adobe Premiere Elements 15.

Could you please provide me the following information?

- Are you using a Windows Machine or a Mac?

- Have you updated Adobe Premiere Elements 15 yet?

- Are you facing any issue while playing video in Adobe Organizer?

- Are you getting this issue with one video or every recorded video from this device?

- In which resolution have you recorded the video?

- Have you tried to apply any filter while recording a video in your phone before importing in Adobe Premiere Elements?

Hope to get your reply soon.

Thanks

Regards

Dhananjay

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using a Windows 10 machine

Did update elements (no change)

Video plays fine in organizer

This is the first video taken with this phone

Recorded in HD resolution

Havre not tried to apply filter.

Did get it to work by converting to .avi format using converter program.

Bo

--

Sent from myMail for Android Thursday, 11 May 2017, 09:00PM -07:00 from dhananjays36801738 forums_noreply@adobe.com :

>Premiere Elements 15 MP4 Problems created by dhananjays36801738 in Photoshop Elements - View the full discussion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vikes,

Would it be possible for you to share the actual file which is not being imported in PRE? Maybe through Dropbox or Google Drive.

Thanks,

Tahseen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might want to run the files through HandBrake and set them to Constant Framerate before bringing them into Elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Vikes1967,

I too have the identical problem you describe.  I get an "add media failure, the importer reported a generic error" when trying to add the mp4 produced from my Samsung S8.  Have you found an Adobe solution yet? (aside from having to use another program to convert a video file from a format reportedly already supported by Adobe Premier Elements)

The ACP answering your question was kind enough to advise you to use software from another provider, and the probably would work.  Perhaps, like me, you're wondering why you purchased this Adobe product if you need to install additional software from another provider to get functionality Adobe claims is already in Adobe Premier Elements?

Perhaps Adobe only supports some mp4 but not other?

Thanks.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not run well with variable framerate (not bitrate) which most smartphone and screencapture programs use.

So making it constant framerate before bringing it into Elements is usually the way to go.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only is there an issue with mp4 files from my phone,  Adobe also fails to support videos that are in an old format.  Have several older video files that I have to convert in order for Adobe to recognise them as I keep getting the message that the codec is not supported.

For an expensive program like Adobe I find this very surprising.  I can download Sony's free photo/ video software and it recognizes all my videos. Strange that a free program can do it,  but Adobe cannot.

--

[details removed by Ussnorway]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2017 Aug 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and hope you have come up with a solution in the past couple of months

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Having the same problem, Samsung S8. Adobe Premiere Elements wont import any of the videos, even the low resolution ones VGA 640 x 480???

I am completely shut down as I am on a corporate computer and they wont allow me to download file conversion software.

Bought Adobe Premiere Elements for this purpose and now I'm finding out its doesn't work.!!! arrhh.

Need help fast.!!

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines