• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can Lightroom 5 be activated

New Here ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My understanding is that Lightroom 6 (six) can still be purchased and activated as standalone perpetual license.

My question is, can Lightroom 5 (five) still be activated?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Depends on what you mean by activated.

True Software Activation was first added to Lightroom version 6. There is no activation (as Adobe uses the term) in earlier versions.

If you mean can version 5 be installed and the serial number be entered so that the software is licensed for use on that computer then the answer is yes. That is true for all versions back to version 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Depends on what you mean by activated.

True Software Activation was first added to Lightroom version 6. There is no activation (as Adobe uses the term) in earlier versions.

If you mean can version 5 be installed and the serial number be entered so that the software is licensed for use on that computer then the answer is yes. That is true for all versions back to version 1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the clear and helpful reply (sorry for my late comment)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines