• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help please! Unsure of which filter and/or tools used to create image

New Here ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to photoshop. I would like to know which filter and/or tools were used to change this image from the original.

Thank you

sandy.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

It could be done in a few ways, but in the quick example below I built it up from :

a. A Color Fill layer for the background

b. 3 separate layers using the Filter Gallery Photocopy Filter applied to a smart object containing a copy of the image and a curve layer.

2 of these were set to a black forground colour before applying the filter and one to a grey foreground. I then I used "Blend If" to show parts of each layer depending on its content and the content of the layer below.

I also applied a bit

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It could be done in a few ways, but in the quick example below I built it up from :

a. A Color Fill layer for the background

b. 3 separate layers using the Filter Gallery Photocopy Filter applied to a smart object containing a copy of the image and a curve layer.

2 of these were set to a black forground colour before applying the filter and one to a grey foreground. I then I used "Blend If" to show parts of each layer depending on its content and the content of the layer below.

I also applied a bit of masking to hide some of the "noise" in parts of the image.

c. Finally a color copy of the original layer masked to show the lips and dog's eyes (in my quick example I did not swap the dogs eyes as the original appears to have done)

I hope that gives you some ideas to get you started

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your detailed feedback Dave! Much appreciated

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines