• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Png file does not show white background on windows

New Here ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a png file that i can see on my iphone but when i download it to my windows computer the writing on white is blank and it has a square around the image.

can someone help me with this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open the file in Photoshop

Image menu > Duplicate to make a copy

Try flattening that copy if in the Layers panel, it's Layer 0 or just save as jpeg. Save the copy and let me know how it goes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hard to say without seeing the picture.

Transparency?

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tshirt1.pngexample 5.jpg

its suppose to look like the tshirt but as you can see the me mad part is not there plus it has a block when i try and put design on tshirt.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the funny thing is i can see the right image on my iphone 7 but as soon as i save it to iphone it show the white background with words missing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I assume it's a transparency issue.

There's white text on a transparent background but when you save it the iphone or the app ignores the transparency - for whatever reason - and adds the standard background color "white" along with the standard rectangle shape. Well, white on white usually is hard to read ...

I haven't got an iPhone.

Is there an option anywhere how to save *.png files?

Would you try this picture embedded in a HTML-file?

It's a picture with transparent background.

Same problem?

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you insert your .png file here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

text.png

Fenja

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tshirt1.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is a short how-to video

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for video.  I dont use photoshop much.

Your screen looks different from the one i have.  all my options are at the top.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Quick notes on file types;

PNG is for printing

JPEG is for uploading

PNG will have a transparent background so with windows 10 the photos app will have a black background by default if you don't put one in yourself. whereas JPEG will put in a white background.

Your text is still there it just is blending with the background, try put a pink outline on it the way you do for nurses.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the design goes on tshirts so with a black tshirt it still does not show up and it has the box around it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tshirt nurse today.pngdesign33.png

these are two png files.  the cat lovers one it shows up fine on tshirt without the box.  So my question is why does this happen if they are the same file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i found a solution.  once i download to computer i right click and change to open with photoshop and it works.

thanks for all the help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why do i have this problem with the pic?  the guy that did the design for me said his other customers do not have this problem.

is it something on my computer that causes this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines