Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interactive PDF

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am in the process of creating an interactive PDF inside InDesigner for my colleagues to complete.

Is there a procedure where I can have an empty framed container where the end user can simply click on the container and be able to upload an image from a directory?

I did read that this would be possible using Adobe LiveCycle Designer, however I don't think £250 on top of my CC subscription was worth paying just for this feature.

So is there another option?

Thanks

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

People's Champ , May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

markwms44  wrote

Is there a procedure where I can have an empty framed container where the end user can simply click on the container and be able to upload an image from a directory?

I did read that this would be possible using Adobe LiveCycle Designer

It sounds like you're looking for something like the new "Image Field" -- which is available with the latest version of Acrobat DC (Support for Image and Date fields in Acroforms) . You add a frame to a form, which the user can click on and then choo

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not from InDesign. Check in the Acrobat forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Live Cycle Designer is not developed any more. It was available only on Windows and is not available anymore at all for purchase. It would be possible for Licence holder to get a copy, but don't build any workflow on a dead horse.

In Acrobat Pro you can change Buttons via JavaScript for Acrobat to get this functionality. Easiest way to perform is to get a PDF form to copy such a button into your own document and adapt it only for your current document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for all of the replies, much appreciated.

Willi - I like your idea of finding PDF that all ready has the functionality (might take a while). Can you provide a little more info how one would strip the JavaScript that performs that action from the PDF document?

I have a subscription to the full CC suite, so I all ready have Acrobat Pro DC.

Thanks again everyone

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Interactive PDF doesn't have that capability.

It's possible to place images into a button you create in InDesign, but you'd have to (1) create an interactive PDF in InDesign; and (2) open the PDF in Acrobat Pro. In Acrobat Pro DC (current version), you would choose the Prepare Form tool. Double-click the button and click the Options panel. Choose Layout: Icon Only and choose an icon from one of the graphic formats (PDF, TIFF, JPEG) that Acrobat Pro supports. And the person doing this would have to have a paid copy of Acrobat. But Acrobat Pro DC is part of a Creative Cloud subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
People's Champ ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

markwms44  wrote

I did read that this would be possible using Adobe LiveCycle Designer

It sounds like you're looking for something like the new "Image Field" -- which is available with the latest version of Acrobat DC (Support for Image and Date fields in Acroforms) . You add a frame to a form, which the user can click on and then choose an image to upload into that frame. Is that what you're looking for?

It can't be done in InDesign, but it can be done in Acrobat DC and doesn't require LiveCycle.

Ariel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reminder, TaW, about that new feature in Acrobat Pro DC only added this year!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I eventually found the solution without having to spend loads of money. There is a feature inside Acrobat Pr DC. Just needs a single line of Java. Thanks everyone for your feedback, much appreciated.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines