• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Managing People Tags

Explorer ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have slowly been changing my tags of people from standard tags to people tags and face recognition.

BUT I've tagged some of the same faces with 2 different names i.e. Dave & Dave Smith.
I can't change Dave to Dave Smith as I get a duplicate tag error.

Is there any way to quickly merge Dave with Dave Smith without going through all the faces and renaming?

If it is important, I use a heirachy system for all tags including people i.e. People\company\Name

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

If both Dave and Dave Smith are People tags just go to the Named people section when in All Photographs>People view and drag the thumbnail for Dave onto the Dave Smith one and you will be prompted asking if you want to change the tag.... easy

Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 4.54.34 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't change Dave to Dave Smith as I get a duplicate tag error.

What exactly is it that does not work?

Change both tags to not be a People tag (right click the tag, edit keyword tag - remove the check mark next to Person)

Select the ones with the wrong tag (right pointing arrow on the right side of the number next to the tag) and add the correct tag to these files (check mark in front of the correct tag). After that, delete the wrong tag and set the Person check mark on the correct Person keyword.

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.
I just tried this with some sample images. I tagged faces with test1 and test 2.
These appeared in my people's tags.
As suggested, I edited both to remove the person flag, Selected all Test1 images and changed to Test2, then reflagged as person.
In the keyword list There are no Test1 images and they are all showing as Test 2

BUT when I look at the image the box around the faces still show Test 1??

(Tried to post screen shot but failed)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If both Dave and Dave Smith are People tags just go to the Named people section when in All Photographs>People view and drag the thumbnail for Dave onto the Dave Smith one and you will be prompted asking if you want to change the tag.... easy

Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 4.54.34 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool ... I haven't noticed this quick way

--- Got your issue resolved? Please label the response as 'Correct Answer' to help your fellow community members find a solution to similar problems. ---

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Excellent - Thanks Geoff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines