• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Have LR always use external metadata when there is a conflict

New Here ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use NEF with XMP sidecar files. I do all of my location, keyword, camera settings in LR [6.7]. When I go to PS [CS6] to do some cleanup on the NEF/XMP, when I come back to LR I see the little icon suggesting  "metadata for this photo has been changed by another application". I can "overwrite" or "import". I want to ALWAYS Import Settings From Disk.

I cannot figure out how to make that the default behavior. Is there a way to make it so LR never overwrites my metadata?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

None that I'm aware of.

What are you doing in PS?

When you have an older version of PS and ACR from the version of LR you are using LR has to first process the file and create a TIFF or PSD that is then sent to the older version of PS/ACR.

More than likely that process that LR is doing is saving something to the XMP file that is not being auto recorded by the catalog file which is triggering that Metadata mismatch.

No way to get around it and no way to have it auto read into the catalog file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None that I'm aware of.

What are you doing in PS?

When you have an older version of PS and ACR from the version of LR you are using LR has to first process the file and create a TIFF or PSD that is then sent to the older version of PS/ACR.

More than likely that process that LR is doing is saving something to the XMP file that is not being auto recorded by the catalog file which is triggering that Metadata mismatch.

No way to get around it and no way to have it auto read into the catalog file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ack, thanks. I use PS for camera raw adjustments and then any cropping or blemishes. I also use it to save my JPEGs and PNGs from the NEF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

rr90847126  wrote

Ack, thanks. I use PS for camera raw adjustments

Well then that is why. If you are applying ACR adjustments to the RAW NEF file outside of LR that is why LR is showing a mismatch because there is one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You do realize all the adjustments you are doing in ACR can be done in LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do, but I can't manage to get them right in LR (yet), which is why I want the ACR metadata to prevail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is absolutely no difference between LR>ACR>Develop panel and the stand alone Adobe Camera RAW. So I,m not sure what you think you can't do in LR's develop panel.

Maybe you aren't using the 2012 process in LR Develop and you are in ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just checked, they are both 2012. I think it's the auto algorithm in LR being different. I'm no advanced user for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only difference between the Built In ACR in LR and the stand alone version is the Built In part.

If you go to Help>About Adobe PS LR in the screen that comes up you will see LR is using the same version of ACR as what the stand alone version is. That is if you have the most current version of LR and PS installed.

About LR -10.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah! LR isn't CC, it's LR6.7 with ACR 9.7 and PS has ACR 9.1.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why haven't you updated your lr to 6.10 which has the latest acr builtin?

Bob Frost

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good question. Now I have.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines