• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC 2015.10 won't read catalog, is not "writable"

Explorer ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've checked the earlier posts on this problems and checked the root permissions and all the subsequent folders and files.  I've checked the external USB 3.0 drive for errors (none).  Checked the file is not marked "read only" and my user name has the correct permissions.

I've seen other places saying the file was corrupt and that Adobe could possibly fix it.

Any other suggestions?

I'm using an HP Zenbook (fairly new) with Windows 10 Home, 16 Gb RAM, Intel i7 quad core processor, seperate graphics processor.

Lightroom Error.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Checked the file is not marked "read only" and my user name has the correct permissions.

You have to check the permissions on the EXACT folder that contains the catalog file, not the disk permissions or permissions on some other folder. Did you do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The folder with the 2017.lrcat file in it is showing the Read Only box as checked, and won't change.  I'm the sole user and Administrator.  I've gone to the Security tab of that folder and all the preceding ones and tried to set the users (I'm the only one) to Full.  That's what I've got for the users Everyone, System and Mark Fagan. 

Every.jpg

But CREATOR OWNER is not and won't change.

Creator.jpg

I've tried changing the ownership and nothing.  I also noticed that the backups are not being saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have sinced run a program called "Take Ownership" and I can now restore the backup and run it.  However, it is from fairly far back and doesn't include a lot of newer files.  When I put back the original 2017.lrcat file (I had kept it of course), it shows the same permissions but still shows and "not writeable". 

I'm fairly convinced that the file is corrupted and wonder if it can be fixed?  I tried using one procedure using SQLITE to open the database and resave it, but that did not work.  Maybe Adobe Support can do better?

I have enough files not in the working catalog that I hope I don't have to go back and redo all the work.  While I have .JPG copies of the finished work, I would have to reselect the files and post process them all over again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines