• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multiple Resolutions in One Composition

New Here ,
May 20, 2017 May 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I'm trying to render and export a composition that contains multiple clips with different resolutions (some are 360, some are 1080, etc). Unfortunately even when I render them separately, and then put them into one composition that I can use to edit them, it either crops the larger resolution or puts the smaller resolution in this big black rectangle. Is there any way I can render and then export compositions that contain clips with multiple resolutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

How should that even be possible unless you scale the clips in some way? I'm afraid your approach makes no sense. AE simply doesn't adapt anything automatically. In your case obviously you would have to scale up the small clips to fit in a HD comp.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How should that even be possible unless you scale the clips in some way? I'm afraid your approach makes no sense. AE simply doesn't adapt anything automatically. In your case obviously you would have to scale up the small clips to fit in a HD comp.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok and just to be sure (I'm new to this so thank you for bearing with me) scaling up, say, a 480 or 720 image to 1080 will result in a loss of resolution, right? Because that's kind of what it looks like now but I can't tell if I'm just doing it wrong ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Reading your question has me like

hqdefault.jpg

Whatever you scale up will depend on the quality it was shot at. It's about the resolution, so something that is 1080p can be viewed at any size and be lossless

Think of YouTube, you have normal, cinema, and full screen. The 1080p can be played in all the modes and look the same but a 360p will look crap on everything (worse on cinema and full screen.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines