• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I work on Mac, running ElCapitan and was a paid user of Acrobat Pro..when I upgraded my operating system it nolonger worked. Now I need to buy something to again combine PDFs into a password encrypted SECURITY ENVELOPE. Can anyone suggest what I should do

New Here ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having one of those days...trying to complete a simple task--bundle some PDFs into a security envelope, and send them off.....BUT, oh no, not so easy:

1. since I upgraded my Mac operating system my much loved Adobe Acrobat Pro will not work. I was told it would not work on OS 10.

2. I have tried every recommended way of saving my current PDFs as password protected files, but again--nope, not working

-the "print to PDF trick"--where you get the option of password protecting, is not working--since "print to PDF" is not appearing as an option

- the "hidden disk image trick" is not going to solve the problem--as I need to email the password protected file of PDFs...

3. So I went to Adobe's website and tried to buy some software, but nowhere is it clear what to buy, how to buy, what works with Mac...what will do the task I want to accomplish

4. So, I tried to download Adobe Acrobat Pro DC...It would not download.

Ugh

Anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance....

c

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Acrobat did you have previously?

If your version is not compatible with your OS then you need to get Acrobat Pro DC, either as subscription (recommended, so you don't end up in the same situation in the future), or as a perpetual license.

Once you have Acrobat it's very easy to apply a password-protected security policy to a PDF file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying.

I will try again to download.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1) OS 10 was released in 2001, 16 years ago. I remember it well. Of course, old versions of Acrobat don't work in newer systems.

2) Print to PDF in Acrobat is gone, since Mac OS 10.7. Apple took it away. Why would you print to PDF to save with a password? Just set a password (File > Properties) and Save.

3) 4) Acrobat Pro DC is the only current product for Mac. What happens when you try to download?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you MVP.

The only program I have on my mac for viewing PDFs now is Adobe Reader. It will allow me to open a window under preferences, and then select SECURITY, but I cannot set a password--it just informs me that NO SECURITY is present--under the SECURITY METHOD tab.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't do it with Reader, only with Acrobat.

You can download it from here: Download Pro or Standard versions of Acrobat DC, XI, or X

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried to download. It said it would take over an hour--I have high bandwidth and fast internet.

Not sure why, but it just is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just tried again.

When I try to download Adobe Acrobat Pro DC it loads between 1% and 5% and then gets stuck.

Unfortunately Adobe does not make the user interface as helpful and clear as it should be...for example, it is difficult to know if one is downloading the specific Mac compatible program, or a PC version. So that could be part of it. Hard to know. This is frustrating, and not great business on their part--if this had been easier, they would have my money by now, and I would be on to the next thing on my ToDo list.

Ugh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you allow it an hour?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines