• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Problem with the way Software Simulation displays typed text in published file.

New Here ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I record a software simulation using the latest 2017 version of Captivate - I see shadowy rectangles behind each typed character where I typed in a text field, or showed a text edit. This does not show up in the preview, only after publishing.Cature-2 Capture-1 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a typing text object? You can recognize it this way: select it in the Timeline and try to delete it. If you cannot it is such an object.

Do you publish to HTML5 or SWF? Did you rescale the object? Is the slide quality set to Optimized or High? Can you turn off compression settings in¨Preferences,  Project, Size and Quality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The text must be an object as you suggest. I was not able to delete it -

there is a lock icon on that line in the timeline.

I tried to publish to HTML and SWF and get the same result.

I did not consciously rescale the project, not sure where that setting is

or how it would be used. I sized the actual window to smaller than my

screen, and resized the capture area to match that before I started

recording.

The slide quality is set to Optimized, I think that was the default.

I turned off the compression setting in Preferences, but I still see the

same result.

I am recording on a 21" monitor plugged into my laptop, not directly on the

laptop screen. The resolution is set to 1920x1080 (recommended)

Thanks,

Chantal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The text must be an object as you suggest. I was not able to delete it - there is a lock icon on that line in the timeline.
I tried to publish to HTML and SWF and get the same result.
I did not consciously rescale the project, not sure where that setting is or how it would be used. I sized the actual window to smaller than my screen, and resized the capture area to match that before I started recording.
The slide quality is set to Optimized, I think that was the default.
I turned off the compression setting in Preferences, but I still see the same result.

I am recording on a 21" monitor plugged into my laptop, not directly on the laptop screen. The resolution is set to 1920x1080 (recommended)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did a bunch more testing and I found that if I uncheck the box for "Scalable HTML content", my shadow behind typed text is gone!

I am new to this version of Captivate, so I am not sure what if anything else I broke by turning that off.

My requirement is to publish for an LMS in HTML, and the training needs to scale to the users browser window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue has been known to occur when scaling is used.  It's been the case now for several versions of Captivate.

Lilybiri asked whether or not you were using scaling in her first reply.

The fact that you need to publish for an LMS does not automatically imply that your content MUST scale to the user's browser window.  An LMS does not require that (and in fact most LMSs have SCORM players that will be expecting your content to remain a certain size).

If your CLIENT has given you a requirement that the content must scale, then that's something different.  Get them to choose which is more important to them; scaling content or these lines behind the typed text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Seems like the LMS player (CrossKnowledge LMS), does not rescale. When you shrink your browser window, you end up having to scroll.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
Help resources