• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Integrated graphics card for Premiere Pro

New Here ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am an aspiring videographer and editor and so I am currently buying a new laptop to install the newest Premiere Pro onto. Please listen to the dilemma I'm faced with.

I am unsure if the graphics card on the laptop I have chosen is strong enough? This laptop has an integrated GPU which isn't on the list of recommended graphics cards that we should have to be using Premier Pro.

The laptop model is HP X0Q13EA, found on http://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/hp-core-i7-6500u-8gb-256gb-ssd-dvd-rw-15.6-inch-windows-10-profession...

The processor is Intel Core i7 6500U, so is appropriate, and the laptop has a very large SSD so the processor is powerful and it's a quick laptop.

According to Wikipedia, laptops with this processor have the GPU called HD Graphics 520. This is not found on Adobe's recommended graphics cards found on this link https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/system-requirements.html

Considering the specs of this laptop, will it hold up with premiere pro? I have read online that GPU is mostly important for rendering, but if the rest of the specs are so good surely this shouldn't take too much longer with a low spec GPU.

Please can someone advise me and let me know if I'm making the right decision going with this laptop, it's a great deal and I would love to take it. Thank you very much!!

X0Q13EA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this to the Hardware Forum so that the hardware experts can help answer your questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This CPU is only 2 cores what media will you be editing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You were wrong about that i7-6500U. In fact, it is actually weaker than even a desktop Pentium G4560 CPU, let alone a true quad-core CPU. That is because like Bill stated that i7-branded CPU has only two physical cores, and is one of several mobile i7's that are only dual-core rather than quad-core or higher. What's more, it is barely powerful enough for even 1080p video editing, let alone 4K.

As for the integrated HD 520 graphics, it is about as slow as the weakest current discrete mobile GPU because it has fewer raster processing units than the HD 530 graphics that's on desktop Skylake CPUs.

So, in other words, your planned HP laptop is much weaker than you had thought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines