• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

No Photos or Videos were found to import error. Photos used to be there!

Explorer ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Current version of Lightroom CC

Nikon D610

Mac OS 10.12.4 Sierra

For some reason about 80% of my 2016 photos disappeared from my catalogue. I have been trying to import them and keep getting the error message "No photos or videos were found to import."

Here is a list of the things I have tried and other notes:

• Synchronize the folder.
    • When I do this it finds 4223 files to synch yet after I start the process and the status bar starts moving I get the error.
    • I have tried checking the box "Show import dialogue box before importing', selecting all subfolders, and hitting import. Same deal.
  • I have tried doing it through the import panel.
  • I have loaded recently backed up versions of my catalogue. Same deal.
  • The folders that 2016 DOES show only have one photo in it.

I'm at a loss as to where to go from here. Any help out there?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most probable reason that your import fails is that the photos alreaddy exist in the Lightroom catalog. So there's no point in importing them again. You need to find the photos in the Lightroom catalog, and then you can make use of them.

To find the photos, please perform ALL of tehse steps, in order.

1. In the Lightroom Library module, click on All Photographs (on the left hand side under the word Catalog)
  2. Turn off all filters (Ctrl-L once or twice)
  3. Expand all stacks (Photo->Stacking->Expand All Stacks)
  4. Search for one or more of these photos by file name, using the Lightroom Filter Bar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't seem to help. See attached screen cap.Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 4.41.01 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen captures always help.

You have found the photos, but Lightroom considers the photos to be missing, as indicated by the exclamation mark icons. You have to tell Lightroom where to find the original photos on one of your hard disks. Then click on the exclamation point icons and direct Lightroom to the proper location on the hard disk where the photos actually exist. More ddetails at: Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That worked for that folder and it populated with the images in that specific folder. Will I have to do that process searching for a photo in every single folder I have in 2016?

Any idea why this would even happen in the first place?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just saw that you posted a link. I will peruse that article for the answer to the questions I just asked.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines