• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Pre-purchase question: how to avoid overwriting clients' in-browser updates when I make changes at my end?

Participant ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi folks, I asked this earlier in the month inside another question but never had a full answer so here it is again in its own thread.

I am considering moving from DW to Muse so that my clients can make minor updates themselves. Sites are hosted on my own server, not via BC. I'll be using the FTP upload option and I'll be instructing my clients on how to make their own minor alterations in their web browsers.

What concerns me is that I will still have the main Muse file on my computer. If I make changes on the site, how can I avoid overwriting my clients' minor image and text changes?

In an ideal world, their changes will download to my Muse file, but is this the case?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

If I understood correct what you want is to Sync your Muse website version with the Live website version to avoid overwriting changes made by your client when or if you have to upload the files again.

Well I also host websites outside BC and I still have the capability to make changes through the Adobe Muse Service Just make sure you tick the Store Credentials when you upload the site the first time and to Sync both versions do as follows:

Open Muse Project

Click File> Sync with Web version...

After

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BoppyW  wrote

Hi folks, I asked this earlier in the month inside another question but never had a full answer so here it is again in its own thread.

I am considering moving from DW to Muse so that my clients can make minor updates themselves. Sites are hosted on my own server, not via BC. I'll be using the FTP upload option and I'll be instructing my clients on how to make their own minor alterations in their web browsers.

What concerns me is that I will still have the main Muse file on my computer. If I make changes on the site, how can I avoid overwriting my clients' minor image and text changes?

In an ideal world, their changes will download to my Muse file, but is this the case?

in an ideal world their changes sync to your muse file when you log into that muse file on your system... if we assume your self-hosted server is setup correct (as per a normal windows server) then that is what will happen.

steps;

you publish site,

client make a minor image change,

when next you log into your muse file it will see that minor change the client made and ask you to ignore it or download the change to your local system

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply.

My hosting provider runs a Linux platform. Currently I update sites with Fling File Transfer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If I understood correct what you want is to Sync your Muse website version with the Live website version to avoid overwriting changes made by your client when or if you have to upload the files again.

Well I also host websites outside BC and I still have the capability to make changes through the Adobe Muse Service Just make sure you tick the Store Credentials when you upload the site the first time and to Sync both versions do as follows:

Open Muse Project

Click File> Sync with Web version...

After this you can modify the file without affecting the changes made by your client.

Good luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines