• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to insert social media icons?

New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI all, is there a quick way to insert social media icons for Twitter, Facebook .into my document in InDesign?

Do I have to download them and insert as an image or I heard there was a special font, social pro or something, I can use which when you type in the F or T it automatically changes it to the Facebook and Twitter symbol?

Thanks in advance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Both are possible (although I don't know what font that would be; technically at least it's not a problem).

Advantage of images: they typically are in the correct colors. A font would initially take on your main text color, and you have to manually set the correct color. You'd also have a problem with multi-color icons.

Advantage of a font: unless it's an extremely bad one, it's all in vectors. However, per definition, you lose the correct coloring (I don't believe current InDesigns already support colored fonts).

A typical freshly downloaded icon that looks just fine in your web browser, has technically way too small a resolution to be printed smoothly. You could use it anyway (based on the pragmatic point of view "because that is exactly what it looks like"), or hunt for a larger version – in which case you are best off hunting for a vector version, rather than a higher resolution bitmap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Or maybe using something like Re: Auto replace text with an object  if you have multiple instances where you wish to replace...

-Aman

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Both Facebook and Twitter allow you to download their logo in a vector format (.EPS)

I believe that would be the best way to import them: no quality loss and official colors.

Besides, guidelines are also available. You might find them useful.

Facebook Brand Resources

Twitter Brand Resources

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines