Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Radeon RX 580 for CC 2017

Explorer ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I'm using GTX 760 since 2 years suddenly it just giving me errors in with window 10 driver issue i think, I thinking to give AMD RX580 8GB a try for PR CC 2017

what do you guys think?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there have been lots of nvidia driver problems lately, you might want to try some old drivers to see if one will fix the errors. also choose the "clean install" option when running the nvidia setup.

if you still want to try the amd rx 580, it should be ok, just be aware that amd cards won't have cuda support. so if you have any cuda only software, you will need to stick with nvidia cards. there is also a strong bias for nvidia on the forum, so you may get several responses all recommending nvidia.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried several old drivers it doesn't work the only thing is i haven't try is go back to windows 7 or 8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe dropped support for older nvidia cards, like 600 series and below a while ago, but i think the 700 series are still supported. have you tried an older version of premiere? perhaps its a problem with cc2017...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've 2 GTX 660's installed on other cc 2015 machines working perfect something fishy going on

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i installed 2017 it didn't work smooth than i rolled back to my previous 2015.3 version its working but error is still they PR crashing randomly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you could try swapping one of the gtx 660's with the gtx 760, and test the gtx 760 in the computer that had the gtx 660. that would help find out if perhaps its a physical problem with the gtx 760 card itself if it starts crashing or giving errors in a different computer, or some software problem if the gtx 660 still get errors.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I just under clocked the gpu memory a little like -34 and its working fine no crash during expot or editing, hope this solution will help others i don't know anything about overclocking or underclocking so im posting screen shot of it i read this method somewhere on web i don't remember now.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,
Jun 02, 2017 Jun 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

good to hear you got it working. as hardware gets older it can degrade a little and that's probably what happened to your card and why the underclock is fixing it. normally there is some headroom built into the specs (clock speeds and voltage) to allow for and counter some degradation, but perhaps your card didn't have that much headroom or is degraded past that headroom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines