• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My interactive pdf doesn't work on some desktops and androids

New Here ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi, i have a client who asked to create and interactive pdf where you can click on different boxes to go to certain pages and have an option to click and go to the websites or instagram. i created the pdf in adobe indesign and created hyperlinks. It works fine on an iPad, iPhone or mac but not when i send it to someone with an android, any solutions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WIth which PDF viewer is the document opened. Interactive PDF would normally not work on Android or iOS, only links are working, but nothing else. Links work only in Acrobat but in no other PDF viewer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you for your reply, I'm waiting for a call from my client to find out what he used to open the document but whatever the default would be. I've emailed it to a few people that i know have androids and when they clicked for it to open it the links wouldn't work but when they downloaded adobe acrobat reader it worked,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did you make an actual "Interactive pdf" which has its own entry under InDesign's Export submenu or is it an "Adobe pdf (Print)" that is a different option under that menu? If it is the former then it will only work on Acrobat 9 or above. If it is the latter then it should work on many more pdf viewers. In either case it is usually a good idea to include a disclaimer to viewers to download the current version of the free Acrobat Reader if they are having problems with the pdf's interactivity.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines