• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"The object invoked has disconnected from its clients"

New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting the error message "The object invoked has disconnected from its clients" when trying to open any image exported from Lightroom to my hard drive/desktop or trying to access CC. I had updated Lightroom CC just prior to noticing this but do not know if the Issue is connected as I had not used my computer for several weeks.

Can anyone help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Photoshop Lightroom​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry - but I can't see an answer here?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"The object invoked has disconnected from its clients"

I am wondering if this message was originally not in English, and translated to the above text. Might it also translate as something like "image is missing" or "image cannot be found"?

Also, are there exclamation point icons on the photos in the Library Module, as shown in Figures 1 and 2 here? Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. No - everything seems ok in Lightroom itself. The message appears where I have exported from Lightroom and then try to open these images in Windows 10 and it is happening on all images, not just those exported today. so I guess it must have something to do with an interface between Lightroom and Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Once you export a photo, there is no connection of the exported photo to Lightroom, so if the photos won't open in Windows 10, that's a Windows problem.

Can you state the exact piece of software you use to open photos in Windows? Can you state exactly what action causes this message to appear?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK - I simply open the files in Windows photos by double clicking on the image, which has always worked fine until today.

Yes, I did think it was a Windows problem but the error message on those I exported today is from Adobe, and I get the same error message when I try to access Lightroom Help from the Lightroom desktop. I also couldn't find anything I could understand relating to this problem when I searched Windows related sites.

I subscribe to Lightroom CC, but at the moment all my images are held only on my computer, not in the Cloud. I installed an update for Lightroom earlier today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, I did think it was a Windows problem but the error message on those I exported today is from Adobe,

Why do you think it is from Adobe? Can you show us a screen capture?

You did not answer my question: what software are you using in Windows when you try to open the exported photo?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The most likely due to Windows 10 system file corruption. Below is a procedure for running Windows 10 System File Checker:

How to Scan Windows 10 Files with SFC /SCANNOW - Windows 10

Make sure to backup all of your picture files, etc. before proceeding. If this is beyond your technical capability I suggest contacting a computer repair service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines