• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Saving actions when doing a Photoshop uninstall and re-install

Enthusiast ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On good advice from an Adobe MVP on this forum, I am going to have to do a Photoshop CC 2017 uninstall and re-install. I have a lot of actions I have created that are a valuable part of my workflow and I want to preserve them. I went to the export actions function and found the folders joe.atn and joe1.atn and I exported them. I also have two other action folders joe2 and joe3, that show in the photoshop actions palette, but are not showing in the export dialog box. What can I do to save those actions, short of dragging those actions into joe and/or joe1?

Thanks,

Joe

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

You save action sets from the Actions palette's fly-out menu item Save Action. You can save and load actions to any folder you care to. In the Save and open file dialog you should be able to navigate to any folder on your machine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You save action sets from the Actions palette's fly-out menu item Save Action. You can save and load actions to any folder you care to. In the Save and open file dialog you should be able to navigate to any folder on your machine.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

JJ,

Referring back to the original problem. I uninstalled and reinstalled twice, the second time removing preferences in the uninstall and in both cases, I am getting the same results, there is no change in the batch folder selection dialog. Any ideas on the next step.

Thanks,

Joe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines