• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print Module in Lightroom 6.9 (Mac) reverts to wrong print

Explorer ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Lightroom 6.9 on a Mac running El Capitan.

I have been editing images in the Develop module and when I move to the Print Module the latter seems to be set to always bring up a particular image (a nice pic of my kid, but not what I want.)  I have closed Lightroom and reopened,  and rebooted the machine, but the same image keeps coming up in Print, no matter what I do in Library or Develop.  Moreover, when I move from Print back to Develop, the undesired image comes up (in Develop).

Help.  I sure hope I don't have to reset preferences....

Thanks in advance,

Rob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

I resolved the issue!  Turns out there is a list at the bottom left of the center Print panel that is <Use:>.  It is supposed to be set on Selected Photos and instead was set on "All Film Strip Photos".  Once corrected the problem went away.

Geoff, thanks for your diligence in trying to help me.  Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Rob,

Please update to the latest version of Lightroom 6(6.10) and let us know if that helps.Keep your Lightroom version up to date

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated the software to 6.10 and that did not eliminate problem.

I optimized the catalog, and that did not eliminate the problem.

A NEW WRINKLE:  I now see that the problem only occurs when I try to edit photos in the folder that contains my son's photo.  It is not a problem when I switch to photos in other folders--the move from Library to Develop to Print goes just fine.  But if I edit a print in the folder containing my son's photo, the move to print always reverts to his photo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Render 1:1 previews for the folder... seems like something is amiss there which I have seen before but a long time ago.

I would then try removing that folder or even just the miscreant file from Lightroom. Restarting Lightroom and then Synchronising the Folder....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geoff,

I rendered 1:1 but didn't see anything that was unique to the offending photo, though perhaps I don't know what I am looking for.

How do I remove the file from lightroom to be able to return it later?

What is "synchronizing" the folder?

Sorry, I am not a professional, so please forgive ignorant questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select the offending file/s in the Grid and then Delete which will give you an option to Remove (from the catalog) or Delete (from disk and move to trash). Choose Remove.

Then Control+click on the Folder in the Folders Panel and select the option to Synchronise Folder.

Add the removed file/s back to the catalog.

If I am not clear please just ask as I have used Lightroom for so long things become second nature and I can forget to explain clearly!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geoff,

Thanks again for your help.  I have never deleted and then added a photo to the catalog.  What is the best way to do that so that I can keep track of where the offending photo is located?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, for the offending file - select it in the Grid mode in the Library Module then control+click it and from the menu select 'Go to Folder in Library' - this will take you to its location.

Then Remove the file with the Delete key as mentioned then Synchronise as I described earlier.

Hope that helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It does!   One more question: once deleted, how do I add it back to the Catalog?  I have exported the file to my desktop--is it best to import it from there?  But since the image will still exist on my photo disk, there must be a more elegant way...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2017 May 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no need to export as the file when Removed from the catalog will remain on the disk in the original location.

Keep in mind that the Lightroom Catalog is a database with links to the files on disk but contains no image files itself part from previews.

Again you do not Delete (although the delete key is used) from Lightroom, you Remove.

This is the message:

Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 12.34.18 PM.png

and as mentioned control+click the selected file to show it in the Library Folder

Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 12.39.22 PM.png

Then control+click the Folder in the Folder Panel to see this menu

Screen Shot 2017-05-24 at 12.40.07 PM.png

When you Synchronise, Add the file back in to the catalog..

Hope that helps...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 25, 2017 May 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Geoff,

Your explanations were crystal clear. I followed your instructions and it did not resolve the problem.  In fact, when I had the photo deleted, and before I synched/added it back, I selected another photo in the folder to print.  When I went to the <Print> module it showed the 1st photo in the folder!  The offending photo is the first photo in the folder, no matter what I do.  So, to be clear, the <Develop> module works fine on any print in the folder, but when I go to print, the 1st photo in the folder comes up, not the file I want to print.

Any other suggestions how to resolve?

Rob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I resolved the issue!  Turns out there is a list at the bottom left of the center Print panel that is <Use:>.  It is supposed to be set on Selected Photos and instead was set on "All Film Strip Photos".  Once corrected the problem went away.

Geoff, thanks for your diligence in trying to help me.  Much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good news and thanks for responding with the solution!!

It can be tricky isolating issues, using screen shots can really help .... especially for those of us like me who are in the middle of Africa - Gulu, Northern Uganda with erratic power, poor or no network and an iPhone!!

Geoff Walker

Sent from my Phone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 30, 2017 May 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, double kudos for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would try Optimising the catalog from the Library drop down menu and/or resting preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines