• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Some Lightroom Mobile changes not syncing to desktop

New Here ,
May 19, 2017 May 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 2015.9 on my Windows 10 laptop and am using mostly the iPad Lightroom app and sometimes the Android app to make changes, mostly setting flags and cropping.

My issue is that most of my changes are getting synced back to my laptop, but around 1 out of every 40-50 doesn't. Like I have a collection of 141 photos, and on mobile I've Flagged 47 and Rejected 94, but when I go back to my computer there are 46 Flagged, 94 Rejected, and 1 Unflagged. Worse is sometimes I'll change some from Flagged to Rejected and when the numbers don't match I have to manually compare to figure out which one didn't update.

When a flag doesn't update on a photo it seems that any other edits also do not update, but I don't think I've seen edits not sync when the flag does. When I apply an edit on my laptop to these problem items, the current state on my laptop gets pushed to mobile. Also the issue does seem to be with my laptop as the collection status on lightroom.adobe.com seems to always match my mobile devices the few times that I've checked. It's just my laptop that doesn't line up.

Things that I've tried:

- Restarting apps and devices

- Unflagging / reflagging on mobile, or re-editing

- Turning sync off and back on

I'm inclined to uninstall/reinstall on my laptop but have no idea if that would help. Also my laptop is the "master copy" of my photos and am not sure what the best practice would be to not lose my settings and the work I've done and all that.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

On your laptop, close Lr and look for the file sync.lrdata. On Windows it would be at C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Sync Data\Sync.lrdata.

Delete sync.lrdata, and restart Lr. This forces Lr to rebuild the sync settings in the catalogue, using the online records.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi CharlieWorthley,

Please take a look at this article Problem syncing photos with Lightroom mobile  and let us know if that helps.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did find that post previously and it did not seem to apply to me since my issue is sporadic. That said, I have checked and there is nothing listed under Pending Sync Activity on my laptop when I am experiencing this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you also see these changes in Lightroom web? You can access it from Adobe Photoshop Lightroom

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akash, I mentioned in my original post "Also the issue does seem to be with my laptop as the collection status on lightroom.adobe.com seems to always match my mobile devices the few times that I've checked. It's just my laptop that doesn't line up."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On your laptop, close Lr and look for the file sync.lrdata. On Windows it would be at C:\Users\\AppData\Local\Adobe\Lightroom\Caches\Sync Data\Sync.lrdata.

Delete sync.lrdata, and restart Lr. This forces Lr to rebuild the sync settings in the catalogue, using the online records.

John

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 26, 2017 Dec 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

hello

I'm having a similar problem. changes i make on my mac aren't syncing with my iPad and phone

i don't see the changes on lightroom web either.

also i can't seem to find that sync file at sync.lrdata

its been working fine so far. but now it just doesn't

please help !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines