Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Change caption text globally

New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My book background is white, but my caption text is also white

How can I change my caption text globally so that it is black (and 8pt instead of 9pt)?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Get into Book's thumbnails view, then use Edit > Select All Text Cells.

This will also select the cover text which you may want to have a different colour and size. You can use Cmd+click (Mac) or Ctrl+click to deselect those text boxes, but it is fiddly.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Get into Book's thumbnails view, then use Edit > Select All Text Cells.

This will also select the cover text which you may want to have a different colour and size. You can use Cmd+click (Mac) or Ctrl+click to deselect those text boxes, but it is fiddly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the help but I feel this is a less-than-desirable approach (which you'd probably agree with). I already have a few title text blocks that I'd prefer not to change along with the captions. It would be better if the book module gave us easy edit access to the Presets for all of the text types. There may yet be a way to get there but thus far I haven't discovered it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's the only way to do it. So the method is to use that menu item to select all text blocks, and then deselect those titles that you don't want to change. Or you can go through page by page, again using that menu command - in page view, it only selects the text boxes on that page.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines