• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop CC mouse cursor is tiny

New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I just got Photoshop CC on a computer with high-dpi, and most of the interface is pretty small, but the mouse cursor is fine. Setting dpi aware to false in Photoshop.exe's manifest solves this, but then the mouse cursor becomes tiny, which is especially annoying for tools like the brush and pencil.

Photoshop_original_2017-05-22_13-39-17.png

Photoshop_2017-05-22_13-29-05.png

Photoshop_2017-05-22_13-28-14.png

Changing the UI Font Size and Scaling only affects the one with dpi aware set to false, where the UI is already fine, and it doesn't change the mouse cursor. Windows' settings don't help either, they just make everything else on my computer huge. I thought about looking for the mouse cursor files in the dll's and replacing them with bigger versions of themselves, but I haven't been able to find them, and the files I have replaced haven't had any effects on either version of the .exe. If I do find them, will this work? Or is there another way around this problem?

Thanks.

TOPICS
Actions and scripting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Photoshop Scripting​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adding an additional low resolution display to your system will get around your problem.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 18, 2017 Jul 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem, No solution yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2017 Aug 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I coudn't find the icon files with Resource Hacker, so a second monitor is the only one I know of, though it pretty much removes the purpose of a high dpi screen. We might just have to wait for the next version, honestly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 11, 2020 Jul 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just upgraded my PC to a Surface Studio which has a default screen resolution of 4500x3000.  Now my Photoshop UI fonts and icons are so tiny as to be unusable.  Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks in advance,
Michael Bate

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines