• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Moving Images in Film Strip

Engaged ,
May 21, 2017 May 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to re-arrange images in the film strip so the ones you are wanting to work on are next to each other? Sometimes when working with multiple images for layers in Ps it would be beneficial. Thanks....jp

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes.  Make sure you've selected a single folder (with no sub-folders) or a collection (not a smart collection).  Then in the filmstrip, click on the thumbnail itself, not its grey border, and drag it to where you want it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I thought it was possible however every time I tried it said it wasn't supported, I did however see someone on YT do it but it wouldn't work for me. I do believe each time tried there were sub folders. Will give it a try, thanks for your help....jp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First make sure the "Sort:" is set to "Custom".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I will....jp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Make sure the "Sort:" is set to "Custom".

When LR is operating normally, that isn't necessary -- it will automatically change to Custom when you drag a photo.  But of course, your LR might not be operating normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I don't have a Custom selection, am I missing something, check out my screen grab....jpScreen Grab.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That usually means you don't have a single folder (with no subfolders) selected in the Folders panel, or a single collection selected in the Collections panel.   If you're not sure, post a full-resolution screenshot of your entire LR window, and that could make clear what the issue is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just figured it out, I did not have the folder selected in the Library Module, All Photographs was selected & not the folder I imported the images from that was on my desk top as a Test Folder. Don't know how that happened because when I imported the images I was on that folder in the Library Module. When I selected the folder I did get the drop down menu, custom was there & I was able to move the images. Thanks for your help & quick response...jp

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Glad you got it sorted out.

(This is a general problem with the user-interface design of complicated apps: When an option is greyed out or isn't available, the app doesn't make clear why it isn't presented.  LR is not out of the ordinary for having many such traps.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines