• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mouth-animation, interpolate keyframes from precomp (with framesToTime) without playing other frames

New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

i am animating a character. In a pre-comp i set 10 different mouthpositions every 25th frame. There are many pixelbased layers from Photoshop which i transformed with puppetpins into every single position (like "O", "AH", laughing, etc.).

In the main composition i enabled timeremapping at this pre-comp and gave it a slidereffect.

mouth=effect("Slider Control")("Slider")

framesToTime(mouth*25)

So i am able to jump to every single mouthposition in the precomp.

But when i want to interpolate from position 1 to position 4 in my precomp it also animates position 2 and 3, for sure.

When i use hold frames it directly jumps to the wanted frame, but then i am missing the linear interpolation and the animation.

So i am searching for a possibility to interpolate from 1 to 4 by skipping position 2 and 3.

Any ideas?

zuständen.jpg

Range of first 4 shapes/position (Zustand = state)

Hauptkomposition.jpg

the Precomp in the main comp.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wäre sinnvoll, wenn du mal deinen Thread im deutschen Forum aufsuchst, anstatt hier noch einen Thread in schlechtem Englisch aufzumachen. Die Antwort bleibt ohnehin die gleiche - Hilfe lesen --> Hold Keyframes.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Danke für die Antwort und sorry für das schlechte Englisch.
Hold Keyframe ist meine Backup-Lösung. Aber dann wird es eben leider nur eine Abfolge von Einzelbildern und es wird nix interpoliert.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ja, Interpolation ist nur möglich, wenn du in der Precomp nicht nur jeden einzelnen Zustand sondern jeden möglichen Übergang von einem Zustand zu jedem anderen hast. Das würde jede Menge Kopien aller Zustände bedeuten und schell sehr chaotisch werden.

Übrigens: für die Animation des Mundes kann mein Tool Auto Lip-Sync oft eine Menge Zeit und Arbeit sparen (hilft dir bei dem Problem der Interpolation aber auch nicht weiter)

Auto Lip-Sync - aescripts + aeplugins - aescripts.com

Mathias Möhl - Developer of tools like BeatEdit and Automation Blocks for Premiere Pro and After Effects

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Mylenium.  I know of no way to modify an expression to accommodate instantaneous change.  To do that, you must rely on Hold keyframes.  But you can also mix Hold keyframes and keyframes with other interpolations.  You just need to learn their behavior when you do so.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey Deepongi, only way I can think to accomplish this is that instead of using time-remapping, you setup a linear slide with variables based off of index values that you can assign to two value sliders. I've set up a basic example in this project.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1sspaw0fozayc2l/Slide%20Between%20Multiple%20Values.aep?dl=0

Expression Setup_Slide Between.jpg

Effectively it's a box with 5 "Transform" effects on it that are all turned off, each has a unique Position Value and are named sequentially "T1", "T2"..."T5".

Then in the actual layer Position there is an expression that outputs value based on 3 sliders in the master comp.

Slider 1 (S) = 0-100 for interpolating between positions

Slider 2 (V1) = Value of which position is "Position 1"

Slider 3 (V2) = Value of which position is "Position 2"

Then two variables that give the various T1-T5 position values based on sliders 2&3.

P1=effect("T"+V1)("Position")

P2=effect("T"+V2)("Position")

Final output is a linear slide between P1 & P2 based on "S" slider, this gives you a keyframe controlled interpolation between your values.

linear(S,0,100,P1,P2)

This is a very basic example of the effect, however it does give you interpolation between separate values.

Hope this helps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines