• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imported files not showing in project, but are showing in Microsoft Explorer

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2008 Sep 22, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I posted this in response to an older topic in RoboHelp in HTML, but it really belongs here. I'm using RoboHelp 5 for a WebHelp project and I'm working with another writer over a shared network. I added some topics, compiled the project, and then zipped it and placed it on a shared drive. Another writer I work with extracted the zipped project to her local, imported my new topics into her existing project (which had new files that I did not have yet), zipped her project, and put it on the shared drive - that was to be the "master project" for us to start with going forward. When I extracted the zip file from the shared drive to my local, I can't see any of my new files that were imported into the project, although I can see them in the project folders in Microsoft Explorer. The other writer can work with the project on her local just fine.
When I zipped the latest project (the one in which my files aren't visible), I got an access denied error on the CPD and LBD files.
Any ideas?
Thanks,
Denise

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 23, 2008 Sep 23, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Denise.
It sounds like you need some source control application there! it also sounds like the user who zipped the project mayhave had the database open when they did so and therefore block access to other users. I'd get them to rezip the project having closed it first in RH. Oh and look into a source control solution 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply and suggestion. Yes, source control would have prevented this issue - long story there that I can't go into to...

The other writer zipped the project again (being sure it was closed) and we tried again, but unfortunately it didn't work. What happens is that I can see the topic momentarily in the project WYSIWIG, then it's gone, both from the WYSIWIG and the project file list. If anyone else has any suggestions, I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Denise

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is your RH project stored locally (good) or on a network (bad). By all means backup to a network drive once you've finished but never run a project over a network drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Valorous Hero ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Hi Denise

I think I might try the following test. Have your partner copy the RoboHelp project to a different folder. Then open the copy in RoboHelp and click File > Rename Project. After renaming, close it down and zip it up. Then copy to the network drive to transfer. Copy from there to your PC and extract. Do things behave the same or different?

Cheers... Rick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Resources
RoboHelp Documentation
Download Adobe RoboHelp