• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Changes made with Healing tool in Lightroom CC not being saved

New Here ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In October, 2016, I traveled to Egypt and unfortunately ended up with dirty sensors causing lots of spots on my photos. I spent days in Lightroom CC with the healing tool removing them all (and checking "Done" at completion of work on each photo). I reviewed all photos and all was well. However, I came back to those photos some weeks later only to discover the spots were back. I can't say that all affected photos reverted, but certainly most of them. I corrected them again. Recently I uploaded a number of these photos to an online photo book site to create a book of this trip and I discovered that on several photos the spots are back again. I am extremely frustrated! Has anyone else had this problem? What am I missing in my workflow that is causing this? I always stay up to date with updates to Lightroom. Is there any chance that updates to the program may be causing this? Thank you for any tips you can send my way!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One possibility is that you have (accidentally) opened the wrong catalog, one that was last used before you did all the spot corrections. You can check this by opening catalogs under File->Open Recent, and also by searching for files on your hard disk whose names end with .LRCAT (use your operating system's search feature).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion. That's not it, though. Those pictures are all only in my "Master" catalog. I actually thought that was my only catalog, but I discovered I have another when I checked per your suggestion. I will now have to figure out if the pics in that other catalog are all also in my Master!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This might be too simple/obvious ("is it plugged in?") - but just to make sure - you're not exporting or examing the original images outside of Lightroom. I assume you know they remain untouched.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The images within my Lightroom catalog have the problem. I just didn't realize the problem was back until I exported the photo book selections out of Lightroom. When I saw the spots on the photos in my book layout, I went back to Lightroom and saw that the spots were back on the photos in Lightroom also. Not all of the photos that were fixed reverted to the "spotty" version this time, thankfully. But that might make it even more puzzling?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Realize I'm straw-grasping... times I've lost things like that have been in mistakenly applying copied settings that overwrite, or leaving the spot healing switch turned off?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, I really haven't dug that far into Lightroom yet, so my Develop mode fixes are so far rather limited: cropping/straightening, red eye fixing, a little exposure and contrast adjusting, and, of course, this Healing fiasco! I've watched a lot of video tutorials and have Scott Kelby's book, but I have a long way to go. Maybe I just need to fix these pics again and quickly get my photo book done before any of them decide to revert again (just to make me crazy, I'm sure!). It doesn't appear that this is a common problem, so must be something I'm inadvertently doing with this batch of photos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines