Hi

How to Make .ico File?

or convert .png to .ico img!!!!!!

Thank you for your assistance.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Mentor ,
Apr 08, 2017 Apr 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

There's lot's of online converter for this.

Search Google for : how to make .ico file

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop can't do it.

But you can do a feature request!

Feature Request/Bug Report Form

You will have to use a converted online as Pierre said.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 12, 2022 Jul 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why are we directing people to unsafe, ad and malware infested online converter websites?
Download gimp and follow a youtube tutorial on how to create .ico files.

To Adobe: Shame on you for charging a fortune and not offering the ability to export the basic .ico image type. How can you call yourself an industry leader without basic image creation support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CORRECT!!!

Could not agree more!  Outrageous to pay a PREMIUM price for an entire ADOBE suite EVERY MONTH only to have to go to a dangerous website online to complete the simple task.  I came to this site to learn how to do the conversion only to be shocked to find that I can't at all.  Crazy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2023 Sep 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. This seems like a basic, highly sought-after feature that should be standard to the platform. It baffles me that it's not dooable on Photoshop.
Having to get Gimp for the purpose of 1 simple task seems outrageous to me, especially for what we pay every month.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome! Now I have no need for photoshop at all!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 09, 2017 Apr 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most people use the Telegraphics Favicon plugin

ICO (Windows Icon) file format plugin for Photoshop

Note you need to have the right image sizes, so:

16x16

32x32

256x256

If you want to assign an icon to a hard drive, place the .ico file in its root directory along with an Autorun.inf file created in Notepad.

So the drive appears in My PC as:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have used this plug-in in the past, but can't find where to install it in the latest version of photoshop cc 2017. The directions say to put it in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop \Plug-Ins\File Formats, but that folder doesn't exist there. As many people use this file format, I can't believe that Adobe hasn't already made it a standard feature! Ticks me off to have to use a different program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2017 May 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're doing this for a website, there is now a lot more to modern favicons than just a .ico file. I highly recommend using http://realfavicongenerator.net/

— Adobe Certified Expert & Instructor at Noble Desktop | Web Developer, Designer, InDesign Scriptor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 05, 2019 May 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan

Thank you so much for your link!!!

This is the REAL and authentic FAVICON generator for all the platforms, devices, programs, browsers and OS I ever seen!!! I don't know before about this webpage and it's FANTASTIC!!

THANKS!

Best wishes!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic resource, thanks Dan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolute Legend. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2024 Feb 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
  • I use CONVERTICO for any ico conversions...I always run Bitdefender and I have not yet encountered a problem in any way...they allow up to 50 images at a time and then converts them (which you can download individually) or the ALSO provide a zip folder with ALL your new icons files.
  • PLEASE NOTE: I've tried renaming the ico files after they were created, but not with any luck. Make sure your photos/Images do not have the same name as any other file, otherwise you would have to create a new folder inside of you other folder I presume, in order to use it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines